Status: Uh....story kinda died. You can blame it on Bettman :P

While You Were Away

XXXVII

I sat cross legged with a pillow underneath me on the floor as Jack sat behind me, his legs on either side, messaging my back and shoulders. I had the computer in front of me on the coffee table reading my weekly pregnancy update while Jack watched NHL on the Fly.

“I don’t get why you watch these asses.” I muttered rubbing my stomach as Junior kicked. Jack just chuckled as his hands moved to my lower back.

“I don’t care what they say, we’ll show them.” Jack told me as he changed the channel knowing I’d end up getting frustrated. “So what’s week twenty three say?” He asked as he rested his chin on my shoulder and his arms wrapped around me, resting his hands on my belly.

“They say he should be eleven and a half inches, but you heard what the doctor told us, she thinks I might actually be a week or two further with the way he’s growing.”

“He’s going to be a big boy,” Jack told me with a smile.

“Hmm, another defenseman then?” He just nodded rubbing my stomach where Junior kicked. “If I am, twenty four weeks then he is the size of a Dodger dog . . . we need to go to a Dodgers game.”

“We’ll make it to one. What else does it say?”

“That his ears are fully functional so he can hear everything,”

“Guess we need to tell the guys to keep it clean at games?” I snorted knowing that was impossible. I knew the guys would cuss at the Sharks if they did something. “I don’t think your twenty five weeks,”

“No I haven’t felt him grabbing anything, just kicking.” I heard Jacks phone going making him grumble as he pushed himself off the ground. I kept browsing through the website reading what other moms and first time moms were writing.

“Justin said he found a house,” I turned to Jack to see was still on the phone. “Do you want to go check it out?”

“Sure,” I griped the coffee table to help push me stand up. “We going today?” I asked adjusting my shirt. Jack nodded and finished his conversation with his teammate. I turned off the TV and closed the computer and saw Jack already had his keys in hand.

We arrived at the house Justin had told Jack about. It was just down and around the corner from his house. I grabbed Jack’s hand as he led us up the walk way to where the realtor was standing. The realtor let us in the house and began talking about it while Jack asked questions. I dropped his hand and ventured my way down the hall to find the kitchen. My jaw dropped at the size of it. I walked around the two islands, on with a stove top the other a prep station. I looked over to see there were French doors leading out to a covered patio and a pool past that with a large size back yard.

“There are six bedrooms upstairs, two bathrooms, then a full master bath. A den downstairs that you can use for an office. It’s an open floor plan down here; you can see how the kitchen and dining room flow with the living room. You have a three car garage,” I heard the realtor say.

“Can we see the master bathroom?” I asked turning around.

“Sure, let’s head upstairs then.” Jack kept his hand on my lower back as we followed the realtor up the stairs and down the hall to the double doors. Both of our jaws dropped at the size of the master bedroom.

“I think this is the size of our apartment.” Jack said as he looked around the room. I walked into the bathroom, my eyes widening. There was a huge tub with jets, a nice size shower, not to mention his and hers sinks.

“Jack you have to see this closet!” Jack came into the room and placed his hands on my hips. “I like it,”

“Yeah I do too . . .”

-

I held in a groan as I shifted around in bed again. It was impossible to fall asleep for me and Jack was sleeping like nothing. Getting frustrated I got out of bed and made my way towards the kitchen. Rubbing my stomach I opened the freezer and grabbed the Bunny tracks ice cream. Setting the ice cream down I fixed my light tank top, it was getting warm, or at least I was.

“Babe what are you doing?” I heard Jack ask. I grabbed a spoon and shrugged. “Cravings?”

“Not really, couldn’t sleep.” I told him as I took a bite. Jack mumbled something as he wrapped his arms around me, pressing his fingers along my spine. I bit back a groan as it helped relieve the pressure.

“I really hope he changes positions for your sake while I’m gone.” Jack told me since he’s had to do this a few times or the past couple weeks.

“I just hope I don’t have back labor. I can handle the uterine cramps but my back, fuck no.” I told him as I leaned into his chest, forgetting the ice cream carton.

“Come back to bed, I’ll open the window and rub your back until he shifts.” I smiled giving Jack a light kiss. I really wasn’t looking forward to the few days he was going to be in Northern California.
♠ ♠ ♠
CONGRATULATION TO
THE BOSTON BRUINS!!!!