Status: Uh....story kinda died. You can blame it on Bettman :P

While You Were Away

XXXIX

I let Chester in the new house before the game started. Jack and I were able to close on the house and move in quickly before he had to fly to San Jose for game one. The only rooms that were remotely close to be doing was our bedroom, bathroom, and the nursery. My dad had helped us set up the living and paint it. He had been making his way through each room painting them. I had slowly got everything in the kitchen put away in the cabinets and getting our dining room set up.

Jim and Bob’s voices echoed through our seemingly empty house as they talked about game one that happened Thursday night. I just rolled my eyes thinking about that game, feeling the anger that I felt that night when Demers got away with his hit on Ryan but yet Jarret’s hit got him suspended for one game. Shaking my head, I finished making my dinner and made my way to the couch.

As the game went through first, I muttered under my breath as Ryan Clowe gave us a power play, but still pissed he elbowed one of the guys. Knowing the power play was a weak point for us and the penalty kill was a weak point for the Sharks, I knew this could go either way. I watched as Drew got the puck and faked a shot then passed on the blue line to Jack. My bottom lip was between my teeth as Jack held his stick up.

“Release the shot . . .” I whispered knowing he could really fire it.

“Jack Johnson scores!” Bob Miller announced as I let out a little scream, making Chester jump. Hearing my phone go off, I looked down to see it was Amy texting me.

Fuck yes dude! Val just shook his head as I jumped up and yelled.

Laughing, I texted her back my reaction as I kept my eyes on the game. Rolling my eyes at the Sharks for giving us another power play, I was hoping this was the boy’s night. My eyes followed Jack as he took the puck into the offensive zone, passed to Ryan, then I followed the puck to where Drew was open right down the slot.

“Fuck yes!” I cheered as the puck went right passed Niemi. Watching the guys keep the puck out of their zone and Quick denying every shot made on him. I smiled at the end as each guy hugged Jon and kissed his helmet. I quickly texted Amy and dad before shooting off a text to Jack telling him congrats and that I was heading to bed.

-

I rubbed my stomach as Junior kept kicking after the guys lost game four at home. I was waiting outside of the locker room for Jack to come out after he answered some questions. Wincing when Junior did a rib shot, I glanced to see Jack making his way out. He came right over to me and rubbed my stomach.

“Come on let’s get home,” Once we got into the car we made our way to our new house. Once we got in, Jack headed to the back door, letting Chester in while I made my way upstairs. I used the large tub to my advantage. I rested my head back letting the warm water over take my senses. “You sure love taking baths.”

“Helps with the back pains,” I heard Jack chuckle accompanied by the sounds of his clothing dropping to the floor. “Scoot forward.” I did as he said letting him slip behind me and then relax into his chest.

“How are you feeling?” I asked referring to their game.

“We still have game five, we’ll get them then. We are a road team.” Jack answered has his hands massaged my stomach.

“But you need to be a home team too Jay Jay,” He just sighed not responding. I slipped my hand down and laced ours together. “No matter what, you guys are a better team than them.”

“Whatever you say Emmy,”

-

I let out a snicker as dad laughed his way into the kitchen as Niemi was pulled from the net half way through first.

“No wonder they call him Nemo!” Dad hollered making me laugh even harder. I looked at my phone to see Amy had texted me the same comment. Shaking my head I went back to watching the game. “Clifford is playing like a vet,”

“He really is, that’s a good sign.” I commented as he handed me a bowl of popcorn. As the game progressed we both frowned as the Sharks scored.

“We’ve got this,” Dad muttered as we watched Jon cover the puck. “All this excitement cant be too good for you.”

“Shut up dad,” I sent him a mock glare. We kept in our usual antics while dad’s girlfriend returned home and rolled her eyes at us.

“Really? You guys are watching hockey?”

“Stanley cup playoffs,” I said rolling my eyes.

“Whatever, Bill—”

“Shh,” Dad just waved her off as we watched Jon barrel roll while batting the puck in the air.

“Holy shit!” We both yelled watching the save.

“This family is hopeless,”

“Yeah, yeah.” Dad shrugged as the clock came down to zero. “Woo back home for game six!” I high fived dad with a smile. “Now, I wonder how Chicago will do in game six,”

“They’ll force game seven,” I told him with a smirk.

“Sure they will, now, if it turns out Jack and Val have to play each other. I am Switzerland, remember that.” Dad told me as I helped him clean up. After we were done, I gave my dad and headed home. I was happy that Jack would be home for Easter in a good mood as they lived to play another day.