Status: Uh....story kinda died. You can blame it on Bettman :P

While You Were Away

XLVIII

“So Amy.” I looked up wide eyed to see both my mom and aunt Nancy giving me stern looks.

“Yeah?” I said innocently, hearing Emily snicker from beside me. I discretely elbowed her in the arm to stop her, only to be elbowed back.

“Why haven’t we heard barely anything about the wedding?” My aunt asked and I bit my lip.

“Well Sarah, Ilari’s wife, she’s been helping me with most of the planning for it. Val and I were thinking about having the ceremony at Old St. Mary’s,” I said, knowing my mom would love the idea of the wedding being at the church she used to go to for Easter and Christmas mass as a kid.

“Ohhhh!” She said and I watched as her eyes lit up, along with my aunts. “I like that idea.”

“Yeah. And we’re pretty positive of the date.”

“Which issss?” They both asked in unison.

“July 11th,” I said and Emily let out a loud laugh.

“Sorry,” She mumbled after getting a look from our mom. “But is that why I think it is?”

“Yeah,” I admitted sheepishly.

“What do you mean?” Our aunt asked and Emily chuckled.

“Val and I met at a 7 eleven…I thought it’d be cute since the date is 7/11,” I explained.

“Aww that’s precious!”

“He also saved her ass that day too,” Emily said, laughing at the story she had just recently heard.

“What…?”

“Justin spilled a slurpee on me when I was on my way to an interview at Fox Sports,” I said before looking to my mom. “Don’t you remember that? That’s when I started talking to Justin.”

“I remember,” Our mom said with a chuckle. “So do you have a dress picked out?”

“Yeah, actually. Emily helped me pick it out while the boys were both away. It’s beautiful!” I gushed.

“It really is. Fits her perfectly and everything. Now we just need a dress to fit this watermelon…” Emily trailed off, rubbing her belly as I laughed.

“So do you know who all the maids are going to be?”

“No…not really. I was planning on asking Sarah. And obviously Emily. But I don’t even have a maid of honor yet,” I said, biting my lip.

“You should totally ask Justin! Didn’t you say he owes you for something?” Emily asked, causing everyone to burst out laughing.

-

“So Justin,” I said as we sat down in the restaurant. Emily was with me and Val was supposed to show up later with Darren.

“What?” He asked, looking at me.

“You know how you said you owed me one for not being there to defend my lovely sister and myself from the not so big and bad Sharks?” He groaned before nodding.

“Yeahhh…”

“I know what I want you to do,” I said happily, smiling as Emily chuckled.

“She’s laughing…that’s not a good sign,” He said, pointing at Emily.

“Hey, I have no idea what she’s about to say. And don’t point Abby, it’s rude,” She scolded like a mother, causing Justin to roll his eyes.

“So what is it that you’re thinking?”

“You should totally be my maid of honor in the wedding!” I said happily and Emily burst out laughing while Justin’s face dropped.

“Your…your maid of honor? Isn’t that right reserved just for, oh I don’t know, maids…as in, women?” He asked and I laughed.

“Aww come on Justin, it’ll be like that movie! The one with Patrick Dempsey.”

“…Made of Honor?” I asked, looking at Emily and she laughed.

“Yes! That one! As long as you don’t suddenly realize you’ve been in love with her forever and break up the marriage…because then I’d have to hurt you…” Justin looked from Emily to me.

“No…that’s just…no. Why can’t Emily be your maid of honor?”

“To be honest, I haven’t really thought about it…which isn’t good… But Emily suggested you and I couldn‘t not ask you,” I said, grinning at him. He rolled his eyes before shaking his head.

“Why don’t you just have Emily as your maid of honor? Really you’re not that close with too many girls seeing as you’re always around the team, and you two are really close now. It makes sense if you ask me.”

“That’s true…” I glanced over at Emily and she just shrugged.

“If you want me to, why not? So long as I don’t go into labor up at the alter,” She said with a smiled and I rolled my eyes.

“Knowing us, I wouldn’t be surprised if that happened.”

“Wouldn’t be surprised if what happened?” I turned to see Val standing behind me with Darren. I smiled up at him and he leaned down to give me a kiss.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if Emily went into labor at our wedding.”

“Please don’t,” He said, turning to look at her.

“I’ll try not to,” Emily said, rolling her eyes and I caught Darren snicker at her sarcasm.