Status: Uh....story kinda died. You can blame it on Bettman :P

While You Were Away

IV

“GET! UP!” I groaned loudly, pushing whoever had just yelled in my ear away from me by their face.

“Amy, you really do have to get up,” Val said gently. I cracked an eye open to see him and Darren looking at me.

“Are we home?”

“Yup.” Val said, popping the p slightly, causing me to smile.

“When’s the next game?” I asked, yawning and immediately feeling my ears pop.

“Tonight. We’re all going to go home and get some rest though. Looks like you could use it the most.”

“I might have to agree with you on that one.”

“Come on.” I grabbed his outstretched hand and he pulled me up out of me seat, then proceeded to lace our fingers together. He led the way off the Red Bird and to his car.

-

The Joe Louis Arena nearly exploded with cheers as the clock ran down, about to solidify another Wings win at home. I was standing, along with the rest of the crowd in anticipation of the win. The Wings were winning the game against the LA Kings, 4-1 with less than three minutes left in the game. Everyone was still cheering when Johnson got a breakaway. I knew there was no good coming of it because Howard had gone to the bench for an extra player. He made it to center ice and went for it. A straight shot and the puck went sailing into the net. I groaned and shook my head as Jimmy made his way back out on the ice. There was around a minute left, all the guys had to do was run the clock down and they would get the two points. As the buzzer sounded, I cheered loudly as the guys jumped out on the ice to congratulate Jimmy on the win.

“Come on!” I felt a tugging on my arm as Emma, Hanks wife, tried pulling me to go to the locker room. She couldn’t go to games that often, so when they won, she got extremely excited. I laughed as I let her drag me through the Joe. Soon enough we were surrounded by the rowdy group of men, everyone talking happily and celebrating.

I felt myself being lifted from the ground and spun in a small circle before I was placed back on my feet gently. I turned around and smiled up at Val.

“Hi there,” I said as his hands found their way to my lower back.

“Hi,” He said, a beaming smile on his face after the win.

“Celebrating tonight?” I asked. I knew that after the loss to the Kings in LA, the guys really wanted to win this one.

“Of course!” He said, placing a kiss on my lips.

-

As we walked in the bar, I noticed half the guys were already there, celebrating while some fans joined in and asked for pictures. Gazing around the bar, I noticed some Kings players also there.

“They probably wish they picked a different bar, huh?” Emma asked, suddenly at me side causing me to jump slightly.

“I guess. I mean, yeah I wouldn’t want to be in a bar with the team that won…maybe that’s just us,” I said, smiling as she pulled me to the bar and ordered some drinks.

“Didn’t I just get you a drink..?” The bartender asked, looking at me.

“No?”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, I just got here…” He shook his head slightly.

“Apparently I’m seeing things.” He turned around and got our drinks for us. We took the drinks and made our way to the table that Hank and Val had found. Val smiled at me as I sat down next to him, allowing him to put his arm around me. Leaning my head against him, I listened to his chest rumble as he laughed at something Hank had said.

“You okay?” I heard in my ear suddenly and I sat up slightly, looking at Val.

“What?” I asked, laughing slightly.

“Are you alright?” He asked, eyebrows raised.

“Oh, yeah. I’m just tired. I’ve been having this weird feeling lately.”

“What do you mean by weird?” He asked, getting serious and I shrugged.

“I don’t know, last time I got this feeling it was when my parents divorced. It was the only time I ever felt it…but I don’t think it’s bad, you know? It was more of a, ‘something big is coming’ thing.” Val looked at me for a minute before responding.

“So you’re okay? You’re not suspecting some huge car accident or anything?”

“No Val, I’m not psychic…”

“Hey, you never know,” He said, taking a sip of his beer before setting the bottle back on the table.

“Never know what?” Hank asked, suddenly tuning into our conversation.

“If I’m psychic or not,” I said, a small smile playing on my lips.

“Oh for sure,” He said, finishing off his beer.

“For sure?” Emma asked.

“She’s obviously psychic,” He said jokingly as Justin approached us.

“What’s up Abby?” I asked, looking up at my friend.

“Did you see the girl that Darren and Todd saw earlier before you got here?” He asked, a serious look on his face.

“Uhm, no?”

“They just pointed her out to me, it’s insane. You’ve gotta come see this!” He said, grabbing my wrist so I would join him. I threw a look at Emma and Hank before getting up and following him, grabbing Val with my free hand so I could bring him with us.

“Are you gunna show her?” Todd asked, letting out a laugh.

“Yeah dude! It’s crazy!”

“What is?!” Val and I asked at the same time, causing Justin to give us an odd look before he pointed to a table that was across the room that could be seen perfectly from where we were standing. I felt my jaw drop as I heard Val next to me.

“What the hell…?”