Status: Uh....story kinda died. You can blame it on Bettman :P

While You Were Away

LVIII

“Next time I see you, it better be because you scored a goal. Got it?” I asked Justin as everyone was gathered around waiting for their cars to be pulled up, or just talking before leaving for the long trek back to their respective homes.

“Every goal I score is for you, you know that right?” He said jokingly as he wrapped his arms around me, lifting me up in a bear hug.

“Well who else would they be for?” I joked as he set me down.

“Are you done flirting with my wife Abby?” I heard Val ask and turned to see he had pulled up in the car. I turned back to Justin with a smile.

“I guess I’ll see you all later?” I said to the remaining group and they all nodded. I took the time to hug each of them while Val just waved from the car after I had gotten in.

“Ready to go?” Val asked as we started the long drive back from Traverse City.

“Yeah, it’ll be nice to get back home,” I said, leaning my seat back into a more comfortable position.

“You feeling any better?” Val asked after driving in silence for awhile. I cracked an eyes open and looked at him to see him glance over at me before returning his attention to the road.

“Yeah, a little bit.” Suddenly the car jerked to the side, startling me. I turned to ask Val what happened and noticed his grip on the steering wheel was extremely tight.

“Are you okay?” He asked and I sat up a little.

“Yeah…what just happened?”

“Some guy just cut me off,” He mumbled through gritted teeth. “He could have ran us off the fucking road.”

-

I groaned as I leaned back in my seat again. Halfway though the ride home, my stomach started acting up again. We had to pull over twice because I felt like I had to puke. All I wanted was to be home in my own bed.

“We’re almost there, just hang on,” Val said quietly, grabbing my hand with his. I looked out the window to see we were just a few miles from home. It was dark out, showing that it was late. We pulled up to a stop light and I leaned my head back against the seat, trying not to moan out again. The light changed and the car slowly started moving forward. “Oh fuck!”

Before I could ask Val what he sounded so freaked out about, I heard the car start to accelerate before something hearing another car sound like it was getting closer and closer to us. I turned just in time to see the big black truck come barreling towards us before it hit our car, crushing the door in towards me. I let out a scream as I heard the sound of grinding metal and glass shattering. Then, nothing.