Status: Uh....story kinda died. You can blame it on Bettman :P

While You Were Away

LXV

I adjusted the car seat I was carrying as I made my way through Toyota Sports Centers. The guys had the usual morning practice or work out session. With a sigh I put down Junior’s car seat and peered in at my fourth month old son.

“Oh my god, he is so cute!” I heard a girl say, somewhat quiet. Looking over my shoulder, I smiled at the fan.

“Thanks.” Before I could say anything else to the girl I heard Jack holler out. Once he got over to us, he kissed the side of my head before looking over at his son.

“There’s my champ.” Jack unbuckled and pulled Junior out of the seat. Rolling my eyes I grabbed the stuff as the girl and her friends whispered to each other. I knew they were probably squealing over Jack and our son. “Come on, all the guys are in the locker room.”

“Are they decent?” I asked as I followed him back to the locker room.

“What’s it matter to you? You aren’t shy when it comes to being in the locker room with us.” I thought about it and nodded in agreement. “Female incoming!” Jack hollered as we approached the door.

“And the baby!” Kevin added in. I set down all the baby stuff and ignoring that some of the guys were still changing. I shook my head as Junior seemed to get passed around the room from guy to guy.

“Hey Emmy,”

“Hi Mikey,” I hugged Mike as he came over to us. I had only met him when he came to do his press conference and once at training camp before I left for Michigan. He and Jack quickly became friends on and off the ice. “Any idea who has my son?”

“Uh, looks like Gags does.” Mike said looking around. “Probably teaching him French. But anyways, what’s going on with you guys today?”

“Val and Amy are coming over then I’ll take them down to Anaheim, maybe stay and pester Ducks fans.” I told Mike with a big smile knowing he got a kick out of the freeway face offs.

“Alright, got the baby back and Mike takes him.”

“I haven’t held him yet,”

“You’re over almost every day!” Jack and Mike continued to banter back and forth with each other as I took Junior from Mike.

“While you two boys are going on, I’m going to get home and Jack you can get a ride from someone?” They stopped and both looked over at me.

“See you later Mike, bye guys!”

***

“They’re like little kids aren’t they?” Amy asked with a chuckle as I relayed what happened earlier. She had Junior sitting on her lap, letting him play with her fingers as he gurgled and cooed.

“So, I need to tell you something.”

“You’re not pregnant are you?” Amy asked with wide eyes.

“No, I’m not but it has something to do with Junior.” I told her as I got up from the couch. I went into the office and grabbed the manila folder. I came back out and sat beside her. “You know how we asked you to be his godmother?”

“Yeah . . .”

“I guess I should tell you that Sid is his godfather.”

“Sid, as in Sidney Crosby?” I just nodded as she let out a sigh. “Guess I’ll have to deal with him. But why are you bringing this up?” I looked down at the folder and bit my lip.

“This is Jack and I’s will in testament,” I heard Amy make a small groan. “It’s just precautionary. After what happened in Russia and knowing Pavol and that we travel a lot, we just wanted to make sure that if something did happened that he’ll or any kid we have will be taken care of. This is your copy.” I told her handing her the folder.

“So if something did happen, who gets custody of him? Because I am not doing shared custody with Crosby.” Amy told me as she gripped Junior closer to her.

“That’s what Jack’s talking to Val about right now. I’d rather, no matter how much of a brother Sid is to Jack, we want him to be taken care of by family. So we want you and Val to be his guardian.”

“Okay . . . can we stop talking about this?”

“Yes we can, but I just need you guys to know.” Amy nodded as we both looked down at my son. “So, ready to annoy some Ducks fans tonight?”

***
My first night away from Junior made me anxious but I knew he’d be fine with Jack. I looked over at Amy as she adjusted her Wings jersey making me chuckle.

“What, I got you to wear one!”

“Yeah, yeah,”

“Oh come one he’ll be fine! Enjoy your first night out.” I huffed crossing my arms.

“Easier said than done.”

“Just cheer for them and be happy when they beat their asses.”

“Val’s playing less like a Finn,” Amy looked over at me with a mocking glare.

“Very funny . . .” I just smirked and settled into my seat. I knew this season will a good one for our boys.