Status: Uh....story kinda died. You can blame it on Bettman :P

While You Were Away

LXX

"Thanks for picking me up," Emma said as she shoved her suitcase into the back seat of my car. She quickly jumped in the passenger seat and we were on our way back to mine and Val's house.

"So how was the flight?" I asked, glancing over at her to see her shaking her head.

"You know how horrible the flights are."

"That's true," I said quietly, focusing on driving.

"Are you alright? You don't look so great...no offence.." I chuckled before glancing back over at Emma.

"I think I have the flu or something...I haven't been feeling so great lately."

"Yeah? How long?"

"Christmas Eve. I got sick when we were visiting Emily and Jack. Since then it hasn't gone away. And I'm just really tired and sore."

"Ever think it could be-" I glanced over when Emma stopped talking to see she had bitten her lip and was staring straight ahead.

"Could be what?" I asked, changing lanes to get around the person in front of us that was driving slowly.

"Those are a lot of symptoms of pregnancy, Amy," She told me and I felt my stomach knot up with nerves.

"What? No. It can't be that."

"Are you sure?"

"...no." She just gave me a look and I let out a sigh. "That's a scary thought after what happened..."

"I know. But it's not like it's impossible. That won't happen to you every time you're pregnant." I ran a hand through my hair, letting out a nervous groan. "Let's just stop at a store on the way home. I'll go get a test for you. Okay?"

"...alright," I said, releasing a sigh as I continuted to watch the road ahead of us.

-

"Time's up." I threw Emma a nervous glance before picking up the test. I closed my eyes tightly before opening them and looking at the results. I felt a wave of excitement and nervousness wash over me.

"Oh God," I mumbled, leaning back against the bathroom counter.

"Well?" Emma asked, sounding excited. I handed the test over and heard her gasp, excited.

"That's great!"

"It's scary," I mumbled as she hugged me tightly.

"Don't worry so much. It's going to be fine! When are the boys getting here?" Right as she asked that, we heard the door open and close, then Val calling out my name. Emma rushed out of the bathroom and I stayed there, looking down at the little plastic stick Emma had handed back to me before rushing out.

"Hey. Are you alright? Emma said you needed me in here," Val said, suddenly appearing in the doorway, a worried look on his face. I glanced at him and he walked in, closer to me.

"Amy?"

"We found something out today. Not long before you got here," I said, biting my lip as I looked up at him.

"Yeah, what's that?" He asked, wrapping his arms around me. I closed my eyes before holding up the test for him to take.

"Here."

"What's-..." He took it slowly, realizing what it was. I watched the excitement light up his eyes as he read the results on the test before looking at me. "You are?"

"Yeah... well. According to that. I'm going to set up a doctors appointment as soon as possible," I started explaining but he didn't seem to notice what I was saying anymore.

"This is great!" He hugged me tightly and I smiled at how happy he was, temporarily forgetting my nervousness. "Has Emily heard yet?"

"No, not yet. I should call her. She'll be excited," I said and he chuckled.

"More than excited, have you heard how she talks about having a niece or nephew?" He asked and I laughed at the look on his face.

"I'll go call her. And set up an appointment."

"Good," He said, smiling as he leaned down to kiss me. "Now go, hurry up. I'm sure she'll yell at you for waiting so long to tell her."