Status: Uh....story kinda died. You can blame it on Bettman :P

While You Were Away

LXXIV

I played with Junior on the couch as everyone waited for the All Star Game to start. Well, more like half the people in my house were waiting for it, the others just used the gathering as an excuse for a party.

"Hey Em!" I called out as Junior started fussing.

"Yeah?" I heard her call from the kitchen. I sighed, getting up and bringing him into the kitchen, seeing a group gathered. Val was next to Emily, Justin and Darren. I watched as Drew slipped out the door beside me after offering a smile.

"I think he's hungry," I said, handing him over as she sighed.

"No, just being a brat right now. Probably misses Jack."

"Are your boobs bigger..?" Darren asked and I felt my eyes widen as I turned to stare at him.

"...why are you looking at my boobs?" I asked, hearing Hank walk in behind me and start laughing.

"I'm not! I mean, I don't! I mean..." He looked around, wide eyed and flustered, noticeably taking a step away from Val. Emily was howling with laughter by now and so was Hank. I couldn't help but join in at the look of distress of Darren's face. He was bright red, still not sure what to say as Val looked over at me, eyebrows raised, a small smirk on his face.

"Jesus Christ, that was the hardest I've laughed in a long time," Emily said, whiping her eyes after everyone had calmed down. "Helmer. She's married, go find a single girl."

"I didn't mean I just stare at them! I just..." He trailed off again, his face flushing deep red again. I covered my mouth with my hand to prevent myself from breaking out into laughter again.

"I haven't noticed anything..." Abby pointed out and my laugh let out. Once I got control over myself, I gave Val a look and he shot one back.

"Justin, you don't notice anything anyway. But Darren's right...they are bigger."

"...did you get surgery or something?" Justin asked, completely oblivious, causing Emily and I to smack our foreheads at the same time. "What?!"

"Justin...really? You would have noticed if she got her boobs done. And she would have probably gotten them bigger if she had. That's not a big difference."

"Well what is it then?" I glanced at Val again, to make sure he was alright with me telling them. He nodded subltly and I prepaired myself.

"I'm pregnant, Abby." It took a second for it to register before his eyes widened and he gasped.

"Really?!"

"Yes!" I said, laughing as he ran over to hug me, picking me up and spinning me in the process.

"That's great! Do you know what it's going to be yet?" He asked as he set me back down on my feet.

"I think you and Emily should have a day dedicated to her teaching you about pregnancies... She was always interested in them growing up.."

"...so I take it you don't know yet?"

"No, not yet Abby."

"Hank, why don't you look as excited?" Darren asked, and I turned to see Hank leaned against the counter, a small smiled on his face.

"Oh, I've known."

"He knew before me?!" Justin demanded, turning to face me.

"Oh shut up Justin, he only knows because he found out the day those two did," I said, pointing over to Emily and Val.

"And Emma," Hank threw in, seconds before she joined the group in the kitchen.

"And Emma what? What's all the comotion in here?" She asked, looking at the group.

"The youngins just found out Amy's pregnant, Justin was distraught that I knew before him," Hank told her and she laughed.

"Poor Abby," She chuckeld and he rolled his eyes.

"So you are? For real?"

"Yep," I said, a smile on my face. Val walked over and wrapped his arms aroung me, placing a kiss on my head.

"That's so cute, I could vomit," Emily said, bouncing Junior a little bit, causing him to grin.

"So who else knows?" Justin asked, leaning against the counter next to me.

"You're the...6th person to find out. I'm assuming you've told Jack?" I looked over at Emily and she nodded. "So yeah, 6th. You and Darren can argue over who's 6th and who's 7th. But you're only the 3rd Wing, so you should be happy with that."

"I'm just happy for you. That's so great. Are you waiting to tell everyone else?"

"I dunno..." I said with a shrug as Todd walked in the room.

"Oh, I knew before Todd then!" Justin said, suddenly excited.

"God, you're like a little kid," Emily muttered as Todd looked at us both with a confused look.

"Knew what before me?" He asked, pulling a beer from the fridge.

"That I'm pregnant." He looked as if it was a normal statement for a second before a look of realization washed over his face.

"You are?" He demanded and I nodded, a grin on my face.

"Yes!"

"That's so great," He said, hugging me tightly. "How long have you known."

"Not that long actually. A little over a week."

"Wow, that's great Amy, I'm happy for you two," He said, looking from me to Val, then back to me. "So now the kid's gunna think he's better than me because he knew first, huh?"

"Yeah but Hank knew before him, so you can use that to your advantage," I said with a wink and he laughed.

"So, are you going to be like Em and force the kid into hockey?"

"Hey! Junior loves to watch it, it only makes sense he's going to play!" Emily exclaimed and Todd smirked.

"Possibly. Emily and I discussed it. If it's a boy, you and Abby will have to teach him how to fight." Todd let out a laugh before nodding.

"Deal."

"Game's on!" Drew said popping his head into the kitchen. "Why is there such a huge gathering in here?"

"Just...discussing some things."