Status: Uh....story kinda died. You can blame it on Bettman :P

While You Were Away

LXXVI

"Wow, showing already?" I looked up to see Nik standing in the doorway of the editing suite I was in. I had been leaning around to the back of the computer to fix some wires.

"Yeah. It starts around this time. I'm hoping the kid isn't too big," I joked and he smiled.

"I'm so happy for you guys. Val said Emily's been making you puke though?" I let out a laugh at this.

"Apparently my stomach is a lot weaker with the kid. She kept reminding me of something I didn't want to think of..." He cocked an eyebrow at me. "Don't ask."

"Alright. So are you going to be traveling with us to Chicago for the next game?"

"Yup. I don't really know when I have to quit flying..."

"Well I'm sure you're good for awhile," He said, eyeing my bump for a second before looking back at me with a smile.

"Yeah, but soon enough it's going to be harder." He shrugged, looking behind him as someone tapped his shoulder.

"I didn't know you were coming today!" Nik said, hugging Emily as she grinned at him.

"What are you doing here?!" I asked, confused.

"Jack's going on a road trip soon and I didn't want you to have to face the Sharks alone," She said and Nik laughed as he shook his head.

"You two are going to get us in trouble... I'm going to get out of here though. You guys need anything?"

"No, I'm good," I said as Emily shook her head.

"Alright, see you two after the game. Don't start too much trouble," He said with a wink before leaving.

"Where's Junior?" I asked, seeing as Emily just had a purse with her.

"Mom's watching him. Wow you're showing already?"

"Yeah, I just went over it with Kronner," I said laughing.

"What are you even doing in here?" Emily asked, looking at the editing set up.

"Decided to steal their resources and edit some videos. Come on, let's go." We walked out and made our way to the elevator. "Do you even have a ticket?"

"Val got me one next to you," Emily said, waving her ticket in my face and I rolled my eyes.

-

"Hellooo?" I answered my phone as Val drove Emily and I home after the Wings win over the Sharks at the Joe.

"Hey Amy. You guys home yet?" Justin asked from the other end of the line.

"No, we're about ten minutes away, why?" I asked and Emily appeared between Val and my seats.

"I'm going to stop by, alright?"

"Why?" I asked, looking at the time. Usually the guys wanted to get home to go to bed after as hard a game as they had just played.

"I have my reasons. Just stay up, alright?"

"Uh, sure. Are you alright Justin?" I asked, glancing at Emily who just shrugged.

"Yeah. I'll be there soon."

"Alright, see you then I guess."

-

"I wonder what Justin wants," Emily mused as we sat on the counter in the kitchen, sharing a huge slice of cake when there was a knock at the door.

"Guess we'll see," I said, hopping off the counter to go answer the door. Upon opening it, I saw Justin standing there with a brunette girl with short hair. I raised my eyebrows before returning my gaze to Justin.

"Hi Amy."

"Hi Justin. Who's your friend?"

"Amy, this is Jamie. Jamie, this is Amy." I frowned slightly before shaking her hand.

"Nice to meet you...Justin?"

"Can we come in?" I cocked my head to the side before letting them in, shutting the door behind them. I walked into the kitchen, motioning for them to follow. "Oh God, she's here too?"

"Excuse me?" Emily asked, giving Justin a look. "Why are you here?"

"I wanted to introduce Amy and Jamie."

"I take it you're Jamie? Nice to meet you," Emily said with a wave when the brunette nodded at her.

"Not to be rude, but you don't just bring over your friends to introduce them to me Abby, what's up?" I said, leaning against the counter next to Emily.

"We've been...seeing each other for awhile.. I felt you might want to be introduced," He said and Emily and I gasped loudly in unison.

"ABBY YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND?!" I asked loudly and saw a blush rise on both his and Jamie's cheeks.

"AWW HE'S BLUSHING!" Emily yelled and a few seconds later, Val walked into the kitchen with just a pair of sweats on, a tired look on his face.

"Why are you yelling?" He asked, blinking at me and Emily. I paused before getting excited again.

"Quit being a tired old man. Abby has a girlfriend!! This is exciting!" I said excitedly, pointing over at the embarrassed couple across the kitchen. Val looked over, noticing the two for the first time. His eyebrows raised before he turned to look at me then leaving the kitchen to go back to bed. I looked over to see Jamie's eyes were wide, staring at where Val had just walked out.

"Are you a Wings fan?" Emily asked, at a more normal volume this time. We both watched as Jamie turned to us before nodding.

"Yeah.."

"I can tell by the shock on your face when the shirtless Finn walked in here," Emily pointed out, causing the girl to blush again.

"How long have you two been seeing each other?" I asked, looking over to Justin this time.

"A little under a month," Justin said.

"Are you officially like, girlfriend and boyfriend or just seeing each other?" Emily asked.

"It's official."

"That's so cuuuute!" We cooed at the look on Justin's face.

"However, you do realize if you do anything to Abby, you don't have to face just me, but Emily too, right? He's my best friend."

"And pretty much like a brother to us both now," Emily said, taking over the big sister role I had just assumed.

"Oh yeah. I wouldn't dream of hurting him," She answered quickly, looking a little nervous.

"Does she know we're tougher than we look Abby? I really hope you warned her of that," Emily said, giving him a look.

"Yeah...she knows you both played hockey. And that you're both very possessive and protective."

"Well we are Scorpios," I pointed out and saw Emily nod.

"Yeah...I should get you home though, it's getting late."

"It was nice meeting you Jamie," I said, shaking her hand again before giving Justin a quick hug. Emily waved from her spot on the counter. I followed them to the door, locking it once it was shut.

"That was...interesting," I said, rejoining Emily in the kitchen.

"Oh yeah. I didn't realize how protective I was of Abby til just now," Emily said with a laugh. "Anyway, it's getting late. We should get to bed. I'm surprised Junior didn't wake up from us yelling."

"Yeah. You should check on him, I'll clean this up," I said, going to grab the plate we had been using before Emily shooed me away.

"No, get out of here. Go to bed. I'll get this."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, you need your rest, now go."

"Fine. Night sissy." I made my way to my room, seeing Val sprawled out on the bed. I quietly closed the door before creeping over to bed. I cuddled up to Val, only to have him turn on his side and wrap an arm around me, pulling me closer to him.

"So what was that about?" He asked and I frowned at the fact that he was still up.

"Abby's got a girlfriend now. He wanted to introduce us."

"He didn't know Emily was here, did he?" He mumbled sleepily and I shook my head.

"Nope. That was a surprise to him. Sorry we woke you up," I mumbled, kissing him softly.

"I just barely fell asleep, don't feel bad," He mumbled, already starting to fall asleep as we were talking.

"Go to sleep Val," I said, kissing him again and he smiled.

"Yes ma'am. Love you," He said, sighing contently and I smiled.

"Love you too hun."