Status: Fini.<3

Green and Gray

I Am in Your Sway

Image

I heard from Landon the next day. He told me he had such an amazing time with me on our date and that he wanted to see me again. I agreed to a date that weekend and got butterflies in my stomach. It was really as if one guy contacts me and the other flies out the window. I wasn't sure which one I liked better seeing as I hardly knew either of them. All I knew was that they both made me smile and get a light feeling in my stomach. I was setting myself up for disaster, but that was the last thing on my mind.

“You look beautiful tonight, Sparrow.” Landon complimented me that Saturday after I stepped out of my apartment and locked the door.

I blushed as he lightly tangled our fingers together, “Oh, thank you. You look quite beautiful as well.” Did I really just call him beautiful?

As I mentally kicked myself, he chuckled, “Well, you know, I try quite hard to look this beautiful. This face doesn't look like this without some work.” He was smiling, but his tone was so serious that I wasn't sure if he was kidding or not, so I just laughed as a response.

That night, he drove us to an American food restaurant that was a bit fancier. I was glad that I decided to wear my Betsey Johnson pencil skirt and my floral pumps rather than the jeans and t-shirt I was debating on as I got ready.

I actually wasn't that fond of the food there, but I didn't want to seem like a complainer, so I dealt with the smell of fish and the loud chatter coming from the bar. When the waiter came by and took our drink order, Landon ordered a Blue Moon while I stuck with an iced tea. “Come on, Sparrow, it's Saturday night.” He teased, but I politely declined without reason. There was a reason, but I didn't feel the need to let him know.

We talked about his life back in England and how much he missed it there. A couple of times when he said a word I wasn't familiar with, I had to ask him what he was talking about which made me feel a little uneducated. He reassured me that it was just the difference in terminology between England and America, though. It still didn't keep me from feeling like a moron.

I ordered the adult macaroni and cheese, but wasn't enjoying it as much as I would have liked to. I stuck it out and ate about a third of it, but had to stop before I got sick. When the waiter came by with our check and asked if I needed a box, I declined.

“Are you sure, Sparrow? There's still a lot left on your plate.”

I resisted the urge to grimace at Landon and instead smiled politely, “I'm completely fine. I'll probably just leave it in my fridge and not eat it.”

His brow furrowed, “Okay then, suit yourself.” I shot him a tight smile then took another drink from my glass.

We were heading toward my apartment when he asked me about dinner. “Did you not like your food?” He questioned in concern to which I quickly denied. He glanced at me then back at the road, “You don't like that restaurant, huh?” I couldn't hold it in any longer. I looked at him in distress, not knowing what to say. He ended up laughing, “Why didn't you mention anything? I just made myself look like a complete ass.”

I quickly shook my head, “No, you didn't, I promise. I just didn't want to seem picky and like a complainer.” I felt horrible as I looked at him.

“Tell you what, how about you let me take you out again tomorrow night to make it up to you.”

In my head, I went over all of my upcoming plans. I would have loved to go out again with him, “I have a family dinner tomorrow night, but I'm free Monday.”

He smiled and nodded, “Monday it is.”

After a long goodnight kiss that left my head spinning, I made my way back into my apartment and headed straight to my room. My heels were the first thing I removed from my body followed closely by my skirt. I kept my t-shirt on and moved across my room and into my bathroom. I threw my long hair up into a messy bun then pushed my bangs back with a simple black headband so I could rid my face of the makeup I was wearing.

Because I didn't eat much at dinner, I was still hungry. When my stomach growled for the second time, I got up from my bed – where I was checking my social networking sites on my iPhone – and made my way into the kitchen. I placed my phone down on the counter and went to the fridge. Luckily, I had left over Chinese from the night before when Ryder decided to show up unannounced and demanded a movie marathon.

The chow mein was warming up in the microwave when my phone started vibrating and ringing. I tore my eyes away from the countdown timer on the microwave and looked at the Apple product in confusion. Who would be calling me at almost eleven p.m.? Curiosity got the best of me. I was shocked to see “John” flashing across the screen. And of course he was at the back of my mind before he decided to call.

“What if I had been sleeping?” Was the first thing passed my lips when I pressed the phone against my ear.

“I was beginning to think that you were.”

The microwave began beeping, signaling that my food was done, “Well I'm not; it's too early.” I always had the mentality that I couldn't fall asleep before midnight because it was too early. There was always something happening. “What about you? What time is it where you are?” I questioned then stuck a carton of Mongolian beef into the microwave.

“It's currently,” He paused, assumingly checking the time, “One-oh-seven AM.”

I nodded at the information, “Which means you're on the east coast.” I twisted a forkfull of noodles around the utensil then popped it in my mouth.

“Orlando to be exact.”

“Ah, Florida.” I said without thinking about the food I was consuming. How attractive was I?

He was silent for a few seconds, “...are you eating?” He asked just as the microwave beeped again.

“Late dinner.” I lied in my explanation. Not that he needed one.

“What are you eating?” He said in a low seductive voice. I didn't think he meant to sound like such a perv, but it still ended up sounding like that.

“What are you wearing?” I joked in the best seductive voice I could manage.

Without missing a beat he described his attire. He was probably expecting my question. “I'm shirtless and in pajama pants. Your turn.” He breathed out.

I smirked as I stabbed my fork into the Mongolian beef, “Wouldn't you like to know?”

He laughed loudly, “Hey, you brought it up!”

I let out a laugh, “Cause you were the one getting all worked up at the mention of food!”

“I just want to make sweet love to whatever you're eating!” He yelled out, causing me to erupt into a fit of laughter.

“Why are you using me for my food, John?! Why!?” I cried in mock anger.

“I'm sorry!” He pretended to cry. In the background I could hear someone yelling at him to “shut the fuck up!” “You got me in trouble.” He whispered into the receiver.

“Maybe you shouldn't come onto my food then.”

He laughed, “You're right. I apologize.”

I smiled, pushing around the noodles in their carton, “Good.”

“How are you, Sparrow Alaska?”

My smile widened as my name rolled off his tongue, “I'm very good. What about you, John Cornelius?”

“I am excellent, thank you for asking.”

The way we were being so proper with each other made me laugh, “We are suc dorks.”

He scoffed, “I am not a whale penis.”

I rolled my eyes even though I was still smiling, “Stop being such a smartass.”

“You need to understand something before any sort of relationship blooms, Sparrow Alaska.”

I hoisted myself up onto the counter next to my sink, “And what is that, John Cornelius?” I said, ignoring the guilt that surged through me at the mention of a relationship.

“I am a big smartass.”

I chuckled, “We should get along swimmingy then because so am I.”

We stayed like that for hours. We talked about anything and everything. From books to astrology and childhood to the future. John was smart and he was also funny. He made me think and he made me laugh. I enjoyed talking to him and honestly wished he wasn't gone on tour so I could actually have a conversation with him face to face. I wanted to see his smile when he laughed, but knew I couldn't. Needless to say, Landon was nowhere near any of my thoughts when I was talking to John.

It was weird to think that I started off the night with Landon and ended it with John. In a way it was like I was cheating on the both of them, but I wasn't really in a relationship with either of them. I was in such a tough position trying to figure out which one I wished to be in a relationship with. When I was with Landon I wanted it to be him. But when I was talking to John, I wanted it to be him. I was so confused and conflicted.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next couple of days are going to be busy and hectic, so I thought I would update for you guys(: I'm rushing, trying to get all of my packets in by June 3 (my birthday, by the way) so I can walk at graduation. I have 22 left. Hopefully by next week I'll have twelve. Wish me luck! :)
I posted a Garrett Nickelsen one-shot that you should check out. :D

outfit

Rise To Me - The Decemberists