Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Revenge

“DUCK!” I shouted as someone fired their laser at our heads. “Great, now we’re wanted by both sides. That’s all we needed. Well, at least we’ll be getting our revenge soon.” I shot at the other car’s tire, making it burst.

“That should slow them down... Let’s hope that not every killjoy in the zones had their radios on.” I said. We were approaching zone 1 now. We had only run into about 10 killjoys, most of them were in zones 6, 5, and 4. “Not long to battery city now. I’ll take the wheel, get your explosives ready, Adrenaline.” She complied, taking her belt full of TNT and about 10 grenades. She also took her raygun. Her aim had gotten a surprisingly better in the past few hours. I had my katana and my raygun and a grenade for good measure. As we had discussed on our way over, we would infiltrate BL/ind* headquarters using the back entrance. From there, we would go down the hall, shooting out as many cameras as we could. By that time, they probably would’ve spotted us and sent in the scarecrow unit. We’ll take them out with the grenades. If there are any that get passed those, we start shooting. When we ghost them, we make our way to the main computer room. I’ll hack into the mainframe and disable the rest of the security cameras. From there, we go to where the big boss of BL/ind* can usually be found, in her office. She’ll have a choice of whether she wants to go down with her sinking ship of a company, or go quickly like her precious scarecrows. By that time, Korse will be called in. I’ll finally avenge my parents’ death. Last but certainly not least, I work my magic again and let their world explode. BL/ind* is straight ahead of us. I can already see entrance.

“Show time.” I said, parking the car. I shot out the first camera and the lock on the door. “Now or never.” said Adrenaline.

“I choose now.” I opened the door, walking down the first hallway. So far so good. Here come the scarecrows...

“3, 2, 1, GO!” I shouted. we pulled the pins, and threw the grenades. Scarecrows went flying, crashing into walls, splattering crimson liquid all over the white walls. Fewer died than I thought would. There were 12 of them, picking their way through the bodies of their fallen comrades. I counted the bodies. There were only 10. We killed less then half of them. I pulled out my katana.

“Pretty soon, you guys’ll look worse than your friends.” I said. They didn’t hear me. I charged at them, Adrenaline shooting around me. Her aim must’ve been getting better, by the time I had the first one skewered, she had shot 3 and had them crawling towards us, desperately trying to end us. I sliced off a hand at one point, the scarecrow just started laughing. After a few minuets, he collapsed. Weird. It took much longer than we expected, but after maybe 20 minuets, we had killed off the last one. We started heading for the computer room. It was just a few feet away, but a draculoid was standing in our way. I quickly stabbed my katana at his neck. As he choked to his death, he said one thing I never expected.

“She knows your here.” Already... she knew so quickly. We must’ve missed a security camera along the way... How else did she know... unless...

“Korse.” I said. “I saw something in the middle of the scarecrows... it was the top of his head. He must’ve ran before we threw the grenades.”

“We need to work quick, then.” said Adrenaline. I nodded. I ran into the computer room. I quickly took a seat in the gray chair. I was pressing the buttons as fast as I could, disabling the security cameras one by one. “Done.” I said, just as Adrenaline said

“Someone’s coming! Hurry up!”

“Let’s go.” I said. “The office is this way.” I memorized the map of the facility the day before. We came to the door. Adrenaline and I kicked the door off it’s hinges. She was sitting in her white chair, in her white office, with white furniture. The color sickened me.

“Hello number 1370492. Hello number 1370517. Have you gotten sick of your life as killjoys already? Have you come back to the place of happy similarity? Have you decided that just having BL/ind* do everything for you is the right thing to do?” I cringed at the sound of that horrible number.

“No, no, no." I said. “You’ve gotten our names wrong. It’s Silver Electric and Adrenaline Frequency now. We haven’t come back to be your lab rats, either.”

“Then why are you here 1370492 and 1370517?”

“We aren’t numbers. We’re human beings. We came to give you a choice. Either die now, or die in fifteen minuets. Your choice.” Her smile disappeared. I saw her reaching for a button under her desk. Korse was coming.

“I choose to survive.” She said. We heard footsteps down the hall.

“Get ready.” I whispered. Adrenaline nodded. It sounded like more than one set of footsteps. It sounded like a whole army marching down the hall. The scarecrows. We were stupid to think they would send the whole unit just to get us. This time, Korse would stay and fight. As I prepared for a battle that might take my life, I heard more footsteps. These footsteps didn’t sound the same as the scarecrow’s. Instead of the soft tapping of dress shoes, it was the harsh clunk of boots. Killjoy boots.

We were standing back to back, rayguns in hand. I grabbed my katana and hoped that the killjoys would help us. I peeked out into the hall to see which killjoys they were. They were already shooting at the mix of scarecrows and draculoids. It was Party Poison, Jet Star, Fun Ghoul and Kobra Kid. They came to help. I jumped into the hall, swinging my katana at the first scarecrow I saw. He tried to catch it in his hand. Big mistake. I started shooting with my raygun. There was blood and burn marks everywhere. I spotted Korse’s shiny head and ran at him, dogging most of the lasers fired at me. I did get a laser to the shoulder, and it hurt like hell. I finally came face to face with Korse and I tackled him to the floor while he was busy shooting at Poison.

“Famous last words?” I asked. He replied with

“Shoot me. I dare you.” So I did, right in the neck. He died pinned against the cold, white, linoleum floor. I wish I had prolonged his suffering. I went back to shooting at the draculoids and scarecrows. They were easy to kill off now that their leader was gone. They had no instructions to follow. We shot at the last one, Party Poison started yelling at Adrenaline and I.

“Do you KNOW how worried we were? You could’ve died! WE could’ve died!”

“Korse died.” I said.

“What?” They said, shocked. They’d been trying to kill Korse since 2015.

“He died. I killed him.” I said. “His body’s right over there.” I said, pointing to the lump of ruffles and skin. Fun went over to him and checked his pulse.

“He’s not dead yet. He has a pulse. It’s faint, but it’s there.” he said.

“Who wants to do the honors?” Poison raised his hand. He went over to the body and shot at Korse’s heart. Fun checked the pulse again.

“Congratulations.” he said, smiling. We went into the office again, but there was no one there. She was gone.

“We are so going home now. We REALLY have to talk about some things, Like the fact that you guys have stolen my car TWICE already!”