Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Hungry

Staring up at the ceiling. It’s... peaceful. A nice escape from reality. I heard Kobra being stupid in the hall.

“Really, you really think they’re stories?” I said, stepping out from... that... room and into the hall. “I got news for you, it’s all true. I lived through it too, and so did Si-- my sis-- I lived through it.” I stared at my feet, embarrassed for making that mistake.

Kobra looked at me and then Adrenaline, eyebrows raised. I walked back to Silv-- my sister’s room. I can’t stand to look at that baby. Too soon. I do feel bad about it, though. I don’t want to be mean to it, I mean, it is my sist-- no it’s not. That thing isn’t Silver. Silver is buried in front of the DIE-ner. It’s just a stupid baby. But... what if it IS Silver in there? Reincarnation... just like Adrenaline said. I want to be there for it... her. I’m going to treat her just like my Silver. I walked through the colorful beads, into the main room. Candy, Angel, and new Silver were still there, looking like a perfect family. I miss that.

“Hi.” I said quietly, interrupting their moment.

“Killer. I-- I’m sorry. It was too soon.” Candy said, looking up.

“No, I’m sorry. I overreacted.” I said. “Can I... hold her?” I asked carefully, still keeping my distance. Candy smiled and held new Silver out for me to take. I slowly walked over and took her. Her skin is so soft... there’s even a little bit of black hair on her head. Silver is definitely there somewhere.

Having a baby around was great, besides the fact that the crying went on virtually 24/7. Sure, we all got about three hours of sleep a night, but it was worth it. To be honest, we were all happier. Besides Adrenaline, that is. Cherry, Lily, and Raygun were still bugging her to tell more of those ‘scary stories’. Kobra wants to explain to them that they’re true, but according to Radio, Fun, Poison, and Spider, that would give them nightmares. Fiction, one thing, fact, a whole other animal. I decided to tell them myself.

“Cherry Blossom, Lily Bloom, Poison Raygun, gather ‘round.” I said while everyone was out. They were giving the new killjoys some target practice and I had to babysit.

“You know Adrenaline’s scary stories?” I asked. They nodded enthusiastically, probably hoping I would tell them more.

“They’re not stories. She lived through them.” I watched as the color drained from their faces. They just stared at me, eyes wide, mouth open. I walked away from them to check on new Silver, who was crying like crazy. She turned out to be hungry. Now, how to feed her when her only source of food is out shooting dracs in Zone 2...
♠ ♠ ♠
...3.