Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Flower

I buried my head under my pillow. Couldn’t Candy and Angel go back to their own house? I mean, if she’s well enough to beat the snot out of draculoids, she’s well enough to take care of her baby. Killer usually got stuck with that job while she was out fighting, because as I said before, babies are really, really scary.

New Silver (it just felt wrong calling her just Silver.) was crying again. Knowing that for the umpteenth time in a row I wasn’t going to get any sleep, I rolled off my bed and landed on the floor in a pushup position. I said I was going to get stronger, and I was determined to do it. The only problem…?

“Alright. One!” I told myself, trying to go down. My arms gave out. Again. I had the upper body strength of a flower. Have you ever seen a flower do a pushup? I don’t think so. I groaned as I heard 3 sets of feet shuffle into the room.

“No scary stories.” I told them flat out as they entered my half of the room
.
“Killer told us they were all real. He’s silly, isn’t he Adrenaline? If all that happened, you wouldn’t be here.” Cherry said. I twitched.

“Why would you say that?” I asked, stretching as I used to bed to pull myself up so I could face them.

“Well, I for one haven’t ever seen you use a raygun. Or any of those grenades this Adrenaline talks about. Besides, our dad and Uncle Gerard and Uncle Mikey and Uncle Ray wouldn’t let this happen.” This kid was beginning to get on my nerves. Big time.

“Yeah, if you got shot, you’d be dead.” Lily added.

“You know, ask your dads what happened. Right now, I’ll leave it up to you guys to think what you want.” I wasn’t entirely sure how to argue with nine year olds. Before them, I was the youngest one here, which meant I wasn’t afraid of saying anything. With that, I left the room. All my notebooks were now in a locked trunk that previously held extra clothes, but since the last time I’d gone on a raid, I’d grown a couple inches and they didn’t fit anymore. Killer wasn’t there, and neither was the baby. Interesting.

-Went to find something baby could eat. Should be back soon. Don’t blow anything up.

Was scribbled hastily on a napkin. Good to know how much faith Killer has in me. Shrugging, I strolled into the radio room, grabbing a few stacks of CDs. Fall Out Boy. Panic! At the disco. Rise Against. The Used. Time to get high off music.

‘Something tells me they won’t leave me almost alone again…’ I mused, shutting the CD player with a satisfying click before turning the volume up to 10 and hitting play.
♠ ♠ ♠
2.