Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Zombie

I swear, I was beginning to like this “We’re a family” thing a lot more, now. Poison was like a dad to everyone, he sets all the rules. Fun was like the awesome, hyper, little brother. Jet was kind of like a mom, taking care of Fun and making sure he didn’t cause too much trouble. Kobra was like the cool older brother. Then there was us... Adrenaline and I, that is. We were just along for the ride with our crazy awesome family-but-not-a-family group. “Silver” said Poison “You’re washing the car after dinner.”

“Okay” I replied, obviously not happy about doing the chore. Washing cars was boring, but it was worth it if you got to dust some dracs and ghost the scarecrows. It still bothered me that the founder of BL/ind* was still out there. Sure, she had never worked a raygun and had all the little creeps do her bidding, but she still creeped me out. Majorly. The was she knew everyone's “number” and the way she never stopped the evil smile. Well, I thought it looked evil, at least. I finished eating my Power Pup, which could actually pass for human food this time, and went out to wash the Trans Am. I got the bucket, the hose, the soap and the sponge. I figured

“Eh. I don’t need my weapons. I’m just washing a freakin’ car. The others are right inside.” I started doing the boring chore.

“We’re in the middle of the desert. They expect me to get the dust off the car?” I grumbled to myself. I was too busy complaining to notice it before it struck. I felt the cold metal of a raygun to the back of my neck. I froze.

“Keep running.” said a deep, male voice. I recognized it, but couldn’t name the person... I couldn’t remember. I felt the heat as he fired the gun into my neck. I screamed loudly as everything started fading. I heard three pairs of footsteps as I lay on the dusty ground. Two racing towards me, one fading into the background. I recognized the voice now.

“Korse is back.” I whispered. Everything went black.

*Fun Ghoul’s point of view*

I heard a scream and ran outside, grabbing Poison’s hand. We saw Silver fall to the ground, and a person run, but I didn’t get a good look at the person. I ran to her, checking for a wound. I found one on the back of her neck, right before she whispered three dreadful words.

“Korse is back.” She passed out right after that.

“Kobra!” I shouted. “Get the bullet remover!” I tore off a strip of cloth from my shirt, trying to stop the bleeding. I could see her spine. It was burnt and I could barely stand to look at it. Kobra came out, the bullet remover in his hands.

“Holy s*** that’s a lot of blood. Alright, hold her up. I’ll remove the bullet.” I held her up by her head and back, brushing away the hair from her neck to give cobra a better chance at removing it. He put the vacuum to her neck and turned it on. Jet and Adrenaline came rushing out of the diner.

“Adrenaline, get your med bag!” Poison shouted. She nodded and turned on her heel, running back into the building.

“What happened here?” Jet said.

“Remember Korse?” I answered. He nodded. “He’s back.” Jet gasped.

“But... I thought he was dead! We checked his pulse and everything! He wasn’t breathing.” “That’s what I thought, too. Apparently we were wrong.” Kobra finished taking the bullet out, and while we were talking, Adrenaline had come back with her med bag. The bleeding was almost stopped, but we couldn’t wake Silver up.

“Get Dr. D, Poison.” said Kobra. “I think she might be gone, and I’m not trusting us with checking the vital signs again.” Dr. Death Defying came out and checked her pulse.

“It’s there, barely.” He said with a relieved look on his face. “She might survive. Bring her inside and try not to move the head too much.” Poison picked up Silver and placed her gently on one of the booths. She looked dead already, but I guess we would just have to wait and see.
Three days had passed. Silver Electric was still out cold on the soft booth seat. Dr. D said that her vitals were fine, and that she may wake up soon. None of us knew how soon “soon” was. It may mean in the next hour, it may mean in the next week. At least we didn’t lose another killjoy to BL/ind* and Korse. I hate that man even more than I did before. That’s it, I’ve had it with that girl’s coma. I started shaking her.

I yelled “Wake up!”.

*Silver Electric’s point of view*

Shapes. Colors. Music. Faces. They all swirled around in my head. I was having a wonderful dream. It was like a psychedelic wonderland of my own imagination. I heard someone yelling my name.

“Wake up! Silver, wake up!”

I didn’t want to leave my dream world, but I had no choice. My eyes fluttered open, I saw a blurry image of a face. It was Fun.