Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Stars

I was beginning to feel a bit better. I could stay awake for more than a few minuets at a time. I still didn’t know what day it was... oh well. I was more concerned about Adrenaline right now. She wasn’t sleeping or talking to anyone. It worried me a lot. She wasn’t making her wishing stars anymore, from what I could tell. She used to make bunches of them, I should know. I woke up covered in them one day. Jet was sitting next to me, he had a few in his hair. I smiled as I drifted back into unconsciousness that night. The next time I woke up, all the stars were gone. Adrenaline was sitting next to me, but she wasn’t smiling. I knew something was wrong. It wasn’t like her to just sit there and do nothing. I heard a conversation I knew I wasn’t supposed to hear the next night. I kept my eyes closed. It was Poison and Kobra talking.

“She’s acting her age now, finally. I hate having to look after kids. She really did act like a four year old.” said Kobra.

“I want the old her back.” Poison replied. “I was really starting to like the stars.”

“Yeah... they did kind of spice up the place. It looks kind of barren now.”

“Did you notice how she started ‘acting her age’ the day after we had that... umm... talk?”

“Now that you mention it, it did seem a little odd... do you think she heard us?”

“I don’t think so, I know she heard us. Why else would she change her whole personality over night? She even stopped talking to all of us. She stopped wishing and doing those little creative things every day.”

“I miss 4-year-old Adrenaline...”

“There’s nothing to do anymore, I think she’s too far gone already...” I made a mental note to myself. Get the normally abnormal Adrenaline Frequency back at all costs.

I was finally back to normal. Or, as normal as you can be when you’ve been shot in the neck so badly people can see your spine. It’s time to talk to Adrenaline. I thought Kobra and Poison might change their minds and try to get the old Adrenaline back, but they didn’t. My turn. I knocked on the door to Adrenalines room, i heard some papers rustling around, and then a faint “Come in”. I opened the door and saw boxes, and lots of them. They were stacked on top of one another, some stacks almost reached the ceiling. I wasn’t going to waste any more time staring. I pointed at Adrenaline.

“You” I said. “You’ve been acting different lately. That’s not cool.”

“What are you talking about? I’m acting my age. Thats what they want me to do.”

“Since when do killjoys give a damn what other people want them to do? We’re the rebels! We got this far because we’ve been doing what WE want to do!”

“But Kobra said it was childish...”

“ I heard Kobra talking to Poison a few nights ago. He was apologizing to Poison for what he said. He wants the old you back. We all do.” I said. She was starting to smile. She picked up a notebook that was lying near her makeshift bed. She tore a strip of paper from it and scribbled down a few words. Fold by fold, she made a small star from it. “Just because I can’t act like a four year old any more doesn’t mean I can’t act like a five year old.” Adrenaline said, placing the star into one of the boxes. She was back.
Adrenaline was back to her old self, only this time the stars went in boxes instead of covering everything in sight. Dr. Death Defying had announced on his show that korse was back and was last seen in Zone 3 by the DIE-ner. Fun Ghoul had been assigned to be my killjoy-guard-type-thing. No one said he had to, but he kind of followed me. A lot. They told me that he was the first one to see me, so I guess it made some sort of sense. Kobra went a lot of places with Adrenaline now, to make up for the fact that he basically ruined about 2 weeks of her life... everything was good now. Life was fun. I was learning how to play the guitar now, which I had wanted to do since before 2012. Adrenaline was quite good at singing. Dr. D said if we get good enough, we might be able to perform on his show one day. I liked the idea of that. I learned that Poison, Kobra, Jet, and Fun had been in their own band before the whole “No music, just pills” thing set in. Stupid BL/ind*, they always had to ruin everything cool...
♠ ♠ ♠
Twice in one day <3 :)