Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Lollipops

Being ‘normal’ was painfully boring. I’m glad that Silver got me out of that. Boxes were slowly taking over my room, and every time there was a Wal-Mart raid, I demanded paper. Even killjoys passing through sometimes got me some. Life was good again, if you ignored the fact the Korse was back and BL/ind* was bound to rise again, that is. I was able to sleep again, and the hallucination, as fun as they were, began to slowly fade away. They’d be the only thing I’d miss about being ‘normal’. I tried explaining them to Kobra, but he just looked kind of confused and asked if I was really getting enough sleep. He was also being extremely nice lately.

“Hey, you want to go on a mission, just you and me?” He asked. I’d taken to calling them missions because they reminded me of secret agent missions, but we were much more colorful. “We’ll steal the Trans Am and go dust some dracs.”

“Adrenaline doesn’t think that’s a good idea.” I said, slowly shaking my head. “Poison doesn’t like it when people take his car. Besides, Silver and Adrenaline tried hacking the alarm, but that thing is shut tight.” I explained. “But I know you want to make it up to Adrenaline still. Can Kobra teach Adrenaline to scream while singing?” I asked. I knew he didn’t sing himself, but maybe he could help me…

“I can try, why?”

“Silver and Adrenaline are working on a song to sing on radio show. But Adrenaline can’t sing like she wants to.”

“I’m no expert, but I can get Poison to help you.” Kobra replied after a moment of thought.

“Thank you!” I said, giving him a hug. Yes, killjoys do hug. A few lessons with Poison later, and Dr. D had just finished announcing the killjoy news, a planned jailbreak in a zone 2 BL/ind* facility.

“Now listen up, because we’ve got a new act on today.”

“Adrenaline doesn’t know if she can do this…” I whispered. Silver was tuning her guitar.

“You’ll be fine, just go with it.” She replied, before talking to the radio. “This is Silver Electric, most wanted rookie killjoy this world’s seen. I’m here with Adrenaline Frequency, say hi, Adrenaline!”

“Hi killjoy people!” I replied, waving at the radio. Dr. D facepalmed.

“And this is Bury Me in Black.” With that, Silver started playing, and I got ready to sing.

“I said, we'll drown ourselves in misery tonight, White lies, you've worn out all your dancing shoes this time Just give us war-worn lipstick by the door if I inflame These eyes have had too much to drink again tonight Black skies, we'll douse ourselves in high explosive light Just give us war-worn, I've been calling you all week for my shotgun Pick up the phone, pick up the phone damn it! I wanna see what your insides look like” I was screaming it to the world. It felt good, to be honest.

“I wanna see what your insides look like” Silver echoed

“I bet you're not that pretty on the inside”

“Not so pretty”

“I wanna see what your insides look like”

“Not so pretty baby”

“I wanna see 'em”

“Not so”

“Well you don't say. And well I can explain what happened to my faith. Late last night I sleep in empty pools and vacant alleyways. And what I'm going through, shot lip-gloss through my veins And when I can't complain. With the falling rain C'mon I wanna save your heart I wanna see what your insides may be.” I managed to finish.

“Adrenaline says thanks to all listening people, but she never wants to scream that much again.”

“Keep listening, we may grace you with our awesomeness again.” Silver said before handing the microphone thing back over to Dr. D.

“Adrenaline smells sugar…” I said, sniffing the air.

“Find it before Fun gets at it!” Silver hissed. So we had a small, itsy bitsy mega addiction to sweets. We’re teens. It’s what we do.

“Adrenaline can’t tell where it’s coming from… it’s like it’s coming from up there!” I whispered. We weren’t the only ones with a sugar problem. “We can get into the vents if we stand on the counter!” So we did.

“I can’t reach it! Give me a boost, Adrenaline!” Silver said. Well, it definitely couldn’t be Fun’s candy, then, because he was the same height as Silver, and if she couldn’t reach, he couldn’t either.

“Not my candy!” Poison yelled as he saw Silver scrambling up into the vent. Poison had a sweet tooth…?

“Finder’s keepers!” Silver spat back.

“You better share that with Adrenaline! Her nose found it first!” I added.

“I will, I will, but…” She trailed off.

“Oh man, don’t tell me you’re stuck…” Poison sighed.

“… I won’t tell you, then.”

“Adrenaline will go get Kobra…” He was the tallest, he could probably get Silver out of the vent.

“Kobra! Kobra! Kobra! Kobra! Kobra!” Welcome to Adrenaline Frequency’s way of locating people. Run around screaming their name until they find you.

“Stop yelling! You make it sound like someone’s stuck in the vents.” Kobra replied.

“…”

“Not again…” He mumbled. He was used to this? Kobra then stood on the counter, grab Silver’s hand, and pulled her out. Her other hand was clutching a bag of lollipops.

“Adrenaline, catch!” She exclaimed, throwing me a blue lollipop and thanking Kobra before quickly running into her room.

“Not my candy, damn it!” Poison cried. Kobra just kind of awkwardly patted him on the back. Backing away from the scene, I quickly made another star. ‘I wish Poison will get more candy.’ And threw it on his bed.

‘There. That should do it.’ I thought before heading back to my room. I turned back to my drawings. Before Silver stepped in, I’d drawn a few more. A blindfolded robot, a jar oozing goo, and a book whose pages were like flypaper, catching any ideas floating by and refusing to let them go. I wonder what they meant.
♠ ♠ ♠
Proud owner of a new Fun Ghoul vest and a raygun :D