Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Hide

“Forty one, forty eleventy, forty nine, thirty one, ninety twelve, um…. A button, oh look! Shiny!” I called, distracted from my counting. Ever since our mass attack, there’d been less and less to do. So we filled the gaps by playing hide and go seek. Now it was my turn to count.

“Oh! Never mind, it’s just making that ticky noise.” I smirked. I was the baby of the group, so most of the time, the guys (Silver was close enough to my own age to realize my tricks) forgot that I happened to be an explosives master, at both preparing, and demolishing.

“Get it out of here then!” Kobra exclaimed, tumbling out from behind the counter. “Aw shit…”

“Adrenaline found you Kobra!” I said happily, attempting to spin in my 3-size-too-large shoes. Whenever we went out, and carrying my bag would be too much, I would fill my shoes instead. But now, with our lack of true adventure… they were empty minus my feet.

“Now she just has to find everyone else.” I declared. So I waltzed into Dr. D’s radio room, and dropped to my knees. There wasn’t much you could hide under in here. Most of the hiding spots meant crawling underneath something.

“Nope, no one in Doctor doctor doctor’s room.” I muttered, standing back up. I then hoisted myself up onto the counter, and attempted to search the vents. It smelled like…. Fun.

“Need a lift?” Kobra asked, lifting me enough off the counter that I could grab the vent and pull the cover off.

“How’d you get up here, Fun?” I asked. He couldn’t have reached it without some form of help…

“Jet gave me a lift… who else did you find?” He asked, sliding back out from the vent.

“Just Kobra.” I replied, patting the latter’s head.

“I’ll tell you what. I know that Poison’s-” His words were cut off by Kobra’s hand though.

“No cheating.” He said disapprovingly

“Adrenaline’s going to go now, have fun cleaning Fun slobber off your hand, Kobra!” It was never a good idea to put your hand over Fun’s mouth. Take it from someone with experience.

“What do you me- Oh! Gah! FUN!” Well, looked like Kobra had experience now too. Laughing to myself, I set off in search of everyone else.

“… I can see you, Poison.” I said blankly. He’d stood against the wall, with my picture in front of his face.

“I can’t remember how you end counting, and I ran out of ideas.” He replied flatly, shuffling over to restrain Kobra from attacking Fun for licking him.

“Three down, three to go.” Show and Dr. D shouldn’t be too hard to find, they’re all huge like, and Show hardly ever takes off his skates, but Silver? A whole ‘nother chapter in the hide and go seek book.So I’d checked both bathrooms, all the bedrooms, (Show tried to squeeze under the bed…) the closet, (Dr. D managed to get himself stuck. Again.) AND the kitchen. But Silver was nowhere to be found.

“Hold up! Silver, come on out. The S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W are back, and this time they look like they’re ready for us.” Dr. D interrupted, radio in hand.

“Again? Well, it’s been a while since we’ve gotten to attack anything…” She replied, dropping down from the ceiling. There was a duct tape kind of harness thing around her body. She taped herself to the ceiling?

“Adrenaline doesn’t like the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W unit. They’re the ones that took Silver and Adrenaline away.” I whispered, staring at the rapidly approaching cloud of dust. It meant some kind of vehicle, this time, a truck full of the white hooded, SWAT team equivalent. A hand clapped down on my shoulder.
“That’s why you’ve got us. Don’t you remember the song S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W? We’re going to keep you guys safe.” Poison reassured me. I smiled. But- we’ve already had so many close calls. How long could they really protect us for?
♠ ♠ ♠
I have just realized that all of these chapters have one world titles...