Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Hello

“Adrenaline’s starting to rethink this whole ‘helping out with an anti-pill’ thing…” I grumbled. It was a lot harder than I expected.

“If it helps us save the world, then no one’s gonna have to be a smiley-freak ever again.” Silver reminded me.

“I guess… but still. I don’t even know what half these things are!” Dr. D had gotten a truckload of… substances to try and cancel everything out. He was constantly reminding us that there was still the chance it wouldn’t work, and we’d have to do this the old-fashioned way.

“I doubt anyone knows what all this stuff is.” Silver agreed. “Nightmares still bothering you?”

“Not so much, but they change around every once in a while.” I replied. “Adrenaline could really go for some Power Pup right now…”

“Going to wow the guys with your cooking skills again?”

“As long as I’m not thrown up into the air like last time. You want to help?”

“Nah, I’ll keep working on this.”

“Suit yourself, I’ll send Remix when dinner’s ready.” I called over my shoulder as I skipped to the kitchen. This place was stocked up enough to last at least a few more years. Hopefully it wouldn’t take that long to bring down BL/ind*, but a backup plan is always mandatory.

“Cooking up some dog food, gonna make it yummy,” I sang into the barrel of an empty raygun, my new improv spoon, before dumping a handful of a decent smelling spice into my pan. Since the debut of my cooking ability, this was the first time I’d actually tried again.

“Otherwise it’s icky, tastes a little crummy,”

“Oh, bravo.”

“Shut up Kobra, like you can compare to my amazing song writing skills.” I replied.

“Of course I can’t, and you might want to turn down the heat on that…”

“Holy fudge muffins! My dog food!” I cried. It almost burned… but thanks to Kobra, emphasis on the ‘almost’.

“Alright! Food for night time now! Remix, go get Silver, ok?” I told the dog. I dunno if he actually understood a word I was saying, but when I told him to get Silver, he always managed to.

“Fun! Stop flicking your dog food at Kobra!” Jet reprimanded. “Aww, shit…”

“Jet…?” Poison asked.

“I got it in my fro…”

“Good luck getting that out…” Silver said, patting him on the shoulder.

“Adrenaline’s going to go to bed now… She’s not sticking around to- put me down, damn it!” My cooking apparently brought along the uncontrollable urge for Fun to spin me around… “You’re not even on anything this time!”

“Fly!” Here we go again…

“Remind me to never let Fun know when Adrenaline’s cooking ever again…” Poison sighed, setting me back on my feet.

“Thanks, and like I was saying, I’m going to bed. Night guys.” A chorus of good nights followed me down the halls. I saw a flash of white out of the corner of my eye. My hand went to my gun holster.

“Here spooky enemy thingy, come out so Adrenaline can blast your brains out…” I whispered. Another glimpse. “Are you scared of Adrenaline? A little drone like me up against some big tough officer like you?” I turned to come face-to-chest with someone in a white uniform. It didn’t look like a draculoid, and it wasn’t a S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W, but it was definitely male, and at least 3 heads taller than I was.

“Drop your weapon, and put your hands over your head.”

“You shouldn’t say that to me…”

“Drop your weapon or I won’t hesitate to shoot.”

“I could say the same about you.” I grumbled, before taking as big a breath as I could manage.

“What are you-?”

“KOBRAPOISONJETFUNSILVER ADRENALINE NEEDS HELP!”

“Shut it brat!” He exclaimed, fumbling around, trying to cover my mouth, but I just kept screaming.

“Hey punk. Drop your weapon, and drop our kid.” And so, the day was getting closer to being saved, thanks to, the fabulous killjoys!
♠ ♠ ♠
Over 100 readers. Fuck yeah :D