Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Cross

"And this is where Adrenaline makes her explosives.” I was put in charge of Alex- I mean, Static Neon, until Jet got back from a messenger mission.

“So you use grenades instead of a raygun?”

“My aim’s pretty bad, so I try to stay away from shooting.” Silver told me not to trust this guy just yet. He didn’t have to know that my aim was getting better.

“Cool. So what are those?” He asked, pointing to my bag of pills, the ones I’d taken to do my own experimenting on. Most of them were red at this point. I’d tried to see if more or less heat would do anything, but so far everything came back the same.

“... Adrenaline’s candy stash.” I said quickly.

“You know, they look kind of like-”

“Are you calling Adrenaline Frequency a liar?” I asked. Being left alone with this guy was starting to creep me out.

“No, just… making a comparison.”

“Well then. Adrenaline’s glad you joined our side.” I was met with silence. “Static Neon? You alright?”

“What? Oh, yeah.” I thought I saw him hide something in his pocket, but then again…
‘I’m just being paranoid again.’ I thought, leading him back into the main room.

“Any questions in killjoy 101?”

“Hey Adrenaline! Static! Check this out!” Silver called, holding something up triumphantly.

“I found a whole circuit board, just lying out there. With a little help from Dr. D, we may be able to find a way to hook it up to something else, and use it to tap wires.”

“Hey… Silver, can Adrenaline talk to you for a second? Sorry Static, uh, why don’t you and Remix talk about cookie dough?” I said, calling the dog and dragging Silver into a room.

“Are you sure you want to let him know what we’re using that board for?” I whispered.

“Relax, we’re not really going to use it for that. I just want to see what he does. He might be a decent guy, but you can never tell in times like these.”

“Adrenaline thinks he might be swiping her pills…”

“Why didn’t you say that? We have to tell Poison!”

“And let Static get suspicious? We’ll tell him, but we should wait until-” I let out a terrified shriek as Silver’s body slumped to the floor. Static Neon stood in the doorway, smoking raygun in hand. Noting my horrified expression, he smirked.

“Relax, brat. She’s not dead. These things have ‘stun’ settings too.”

“You’re supposed to be on our side!” I hissed.

“You honestly think I’d join this freak show?” He asked, hoisting the unconscious form of Silver over his shoulder.

“You smushed the fly! You got a name.” I argued.

“I was told to do whatever I had to if it meant I would bring you two back. High price on your heads, I’ll be living like a king in Battery City after this. Now get moving. We’re taking a little trip.”

“Adrenaline’s not going anywhere with a double-crosser like you.” I glared defiantly, until the barrel of his gun was pressed up against my forehead.

“You might want to rethink that. Now go get paper, I know you have enough, and write a note to your precious killjoy family.” And with a gun pointed at my head the entire time, I didn’t have a choice.

To Party Poison, Kobra Kid, Jet Star and Fun Ghoul,
Adrenaline doesn’t want to write this, but he’s got a gun to her head. He says that if you want to live your pathetic lives for any longer, you have to turn yourselves in. In return, you’ll have a chance to redeem yourselves and become citizens after two years in prison, then a year in probation, and then a month of training to become one of them. We won’t be able to see each other, but we’ll all be alive. Don’t try to look for us, just turn yourselves in the next time you come across any draculoids.
I’m sorry about this, guys….
-Adrenaline Frequency

I wrote, copying down everything that Alex the traitor told me to.

“Good. Now let’s go.”

“They already took the Trans Am, what are you gonna use?”

“Do I look like an idiot? I have a car hidden out in the desert.” He replied, pinning the note to the door with a knife. “Now move or you end up like your friend.” Silver began to stir. Her eyes shot open and she grabbed for her gun. He’d taken it away, though. I still had a shot… I was always sure to have a weapon on me after the first incident with Korse. But I couldn’t shoot now. He’d get me first. I’d just have to wait…

“You are a fucking traitor.” She growled.