Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Hidden

Adrenaline. She saved us. I wanted to thank her, but she was already out cold, A steady stream of blood trickling down her face. I took some gauze out of her bag and pressed it against her forehead until the bleeding stopped. By the looks of it, a rock probably scratched her. “Umm... Silver?” Jet said.

“What?”

“Did you realize that your bleeding? Like, a lot?” I looked down and saw my shoulder.

“Oh.” I said. Kobra laughed and wrapped a bandage around my wound. “All better.” I said. Everyone else fell asleep in the car while I continued my turn as the guard. After about an hour and a half more, Jet came out to take my place. He was going to cover Adrenaline’s shift too. She deserved to rest.

Before long, it was morning. We survived the night. Kobra was up, cooking breakfast. Hooray for dog food.

“Hey, check out what I found!” He said, pointing to a motorcycle. It probably belonged to a drac or a scarecrow. I could tell by the way it was completely white and looked like no creativity was put into it’s design. We could fix that.

“Wanna make it awesome?” I asked. He nodded and smiled. First, we needed some paint. ‘I’ll ask Adrenaline when she wakes up.’ I thought. Remix came running out of the car, followed by Fun.

“Come back! I said I was sorry!” He yelled. Remix ran behind me and I picked him up.

“What did you do to him?” I asked Fun.

“Well, I was sleeping... and I was dreaming that I was eating a hot dog...”

“Let me guess, you bit his tail?”

“No... maybe... fine. Yeah, I bit his tail.” Fun said.

“But I said I was sorry.” He said sadly. I laughed.

“Alright, Remix, Fun didn’t mean it.” I put him down and he went running over to Fun. Jet came out of the car next. Poison and Adrenaline were still sleeping.

“Cool, a motorcycle! Can I ride it?” He asked. “Only after we decorate it.” I said. This was going to be fun.

“Pass Adrenaline the orange.” Adrenaline said. She was helping Kobra and I re-vamp the motorcycle. I handed her the three different shapes of orange we had mixed. It was really fun re-doing the motorcycle’s paint job. We had painted the number ‘16’ on the side on it in big black digits. We were painting some of the mechanical parts gold, and the back of it was going to be all different colors. The wheels were painted a bright blue-ish green color. It was looking better already. The motorcycle was our canvas. We could do whatever we wanted to it. While Kobra was taking a break, I decided to mess with him a little. I painted a huge unicorn jumping over a rainbow on the other side of the bike. I thought he would flip out. Poison told me Kobra loved unicorns once. Every time I asked Kobra about it, he denied it. ‘You can’t deny it when it’s on your motorcycle.’ I thought. He came back over to work on it again, but dropped the paintbrush he was holding when he saw the unicorn. He ran over to it and yelled

“I’M GONNA NAME YOU SPARKLES!” When he realized Adrenaline and I were staring at him, he smiled nervously.

“Hey, guys. There’s no need to tell anyone about this little... umm... incident... is there?” He said. I laughed and grinned evilly.

“Sure, as long as you let me ride the motorcycle.”

“Umm... just don’t tell Poison, okay?”

“Deal.”

The journey home was uneventful. I got to ride the motorcycle home, wearing Kobra’s helmet. Poison flipped when I started to race the car. Kobra glared daggers at me. It was awesome riding the bike, but the wind on your arms gets freezing after a while. I was glad to be back at the DIE-ner. I really missed that place. It still had some of the stars that Adrenaline couldn’t take with her scattered across the floor. But... when we left... they were all in boxes.

“Guys, someone’s been here. All of the stars were in their boxes when we left. Now they’re all over the floor. There might still be someone here. Look around.” I said. I unsheathed my katana and got ready to fire my gun at the first thing that moved. The rest of the guys readied their rayguns as well, Adrenaline gripping her explosives tightly. We all set out to different sides of the building. We weren’t going to leave any inch unchecked. Remix went off on his own. I guess he wanted to help too. I walked off towards the kitchen area. I heard Remix start barking at something. I was going to just ignore him, but then I heard a yelp and a thud. That can’t be good. I ran to where the sounds were coming from. Lying on the floor, I saw Remix, struggling to breathe, a laser wound in his side. I looked up and saw two draculoids staring back at me. Fun was by my side less than a second afterwards. He looked at Remix, then the draculoids, then back at Remix.

“Silver, give me your katana.” He said angrily. I handed it to him. He looked at the draculoids for a second, then charged at them, my katana out in front of him. He skewered them before they could get their rayguns out. Their necks were slit a second afterwards. I picked up Remix, who was still breathing, and ran out of the room. I wanted to leave Fun to deal with his anger, mostly because he was scaring me. I ran to one of the booths and got Kobra’s laser remover.

“I hope this works on dogs.” I said to myself. Adrenaline came back into the room.

“Okay, the bedrooms are clea- what happened to Remix!?” She said.

“Dracs. He found them. They shot him.” I said. “Help me get the bullet out. Turn on the machine and grab a bandage.” She turned on the machine and ran to her bag. Remix whimpered as the bullet was sucked out. I turned off the machine as Adrenaline wrapped the bandage tightly around Remix’s middle. His eyes were still closed, but he was breathing easier now. I think he might’ve been sleeping. Fun came into the room, draculoid blood splattered across his face.

“How’s Remix doing?”