Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Hope

I always wanted to dye my hair. I looked at the colors that Show had. There were so many... blue, green, purple, red, orange, black, blonde... I wonder if I can have them all? No... that wouldn’t look good...

“I want that blue” I said, pointing to a neon turquoise color. “with streaks of that.” I pointed to a black color.

“Cool.” said Show.

“Adrenaline?”

“Adrenaline wants the purple.” She said. Show nodded.

“Hey Poison! We’re dying our hair! Wanna redo yours too?” I shouted. He ran to us.

“You said something about hair dye?” We all laughed.

“Okay, lets do this.” Show said. We followed him into the kitchen. It was the only room that had enough space and a sink. Show got started on Adrenaline’s hair while Poison helped me with mine. I really hope he didn’t get our colors mixed up... that would suck.

I looked at my new hair. It came out pretty well, surprisingly, though it was slightly darker than the picture on the box. The black streaks worked well with my new outfit. It was the blue ‘HOPE’ t-shirt, a pair of black skinny jeans, and a black, pleated skirt with a silver chain on it. I also found some black and blue rain boots in Dr. D’s junk heap. Adrenaline came into the room.

“Adrenaline thinks she likes this hair.” She said.

“It looks good on you.” I said. I always liked weird, unnatural hair colors. Poison walked in, his hair cut to just above his chin. I liked it.

“They’ll never recognize us now.” I said. Adrenaline nodded in agreement. We looked completely different.

I was bored. Very bored. Poison, Kobra, Jet and Fun were out on a Walmart raid. Show was hunting some dracs with Adrenaline. Dr. D was too absorbed in his work and radio show to do something. The only living thing I could play with was almost fatally wounded yesterday. I was alone. I decided to play dress up. Walking over to the gigantic pile of junk, I pulled out a pair of leggings, a tutu, a sweater, and a tiara. As I pulled of my clothes, I noticed a strange thing on my leg. It was right above my ankle was, under a small scar. It was... blinking? People don’t normally have blinking lights. ‘I’ll wait until the guys get back... maybe one of them will know what it is...’ I thought. I hope they get here soon... This can’t be good.

“We’re back! We found some canned soup! Anyone want some?” I heard Poison yell. I ran up to him immediately.

“Poison, is this normal?” I said, pulling up one leg of my jeans. He stared at my leg for a few seconds.

“No, no it’s not. What is that?” He asked. I shrugged. Adrenaline and Show walked in the door.

“Hey Adrenaline, do you know what this is?” I showed her my flashing leg. She shook her head. I guess I just have a freaky leg.

“Everyone else, check if you have it too. Just in case.” Poison said, rolling up his light grey jeans.

“Adrenaline’s leg is flashing!” I heard Adrenaline shout. Apparently, we were the only ones who had the lights.

“To Dr. D we go!” Yelled Fun. We all filed into Dr. D’s small office-type place.