Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Under

It was decided that the flashing light was coming from beneath our skin.

“Well, we already knew that.” Silver replied when Dr. D gave us his diagnosis. “We can see that it’s under our skin.”

“Yeah, any idea what it is?” I asked, having discarded my boots to further examine this mystery light so my bare feet were swinging back and forth as they dangled over the counter edge. We had to relocate out of his office because let’s face it, eight killjoys and a dog aren’t going to fit very comfortably.

“You’re not going to like this, Sunshine.” He sighed. That can’t be good.

“Oh man… do we have to?” Silver groaned.

“What? Do what?” The others looked at me like I said I decided to go back to BL/ind*

“They’re gonna have to cut us open, Adrenaline.” I blinked.

“Don’t worry, I’ve worked on dozens of killjoys.” Dr. D tried to reassure me.

“She’s turning white, I don’ think that’s supposed to happen-” Jet Star sounded so far off…

“Shit, someone catch her!” Huh, I don’t remember there being two Kobra’s…
You know, I didn’t think a diner floor could be as comfortable as it was.

“You okay?” Silver asked, peering down at me.

“I don’t want to be cut open…” I whimpered, allowing her to help me back up.

“Don’t worry, you’ll be out cold when we do it.”

“Not helping, Show.” Poison grumbled.

“Oh, right, sorry…” He replied sheepishly.

“We’ll do it tomorrow, just in case it’s something dangerous. You’ll be fine, how about you two practice for another radio show?”

“You better knock me out really well…” I muttered, following Silver back into her room. We’d been working on doing a cover of ‘Not Good Enough For Truth In Cliché’, by a pre-fires band called Escape the Fate.

“Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet,” I sang as Silver played. I couldn’t stop thinking about the surgery though. Dr. D said we’d be fine. Silver didn’t look like she was worrying much, so why was I panicking?

“Hey, we got any of those cookies from our last raid left?” Silver asked, and I passed her the box.

“Nothing’s gonna happen, they’ll just take the blinky thing out of legs, sew us back up, and if we’re lucky, we’ll get a cool battle scar out of this.”

“Adrenaline guesses you’re right…” I was not looking forward to this at all. Maybe I could find a way to get out of it…