Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Aliens

So we’d gotten our flashing light things removed (I still glared at Show Pony every time he passed by. He stabbed me in the arm!) and Dr. D was trying to analyze them. Silver was convinced they were tracking devices. I thought they were implanted by aliens and their flashing was a signal that they were going to come back to us and bring us to their home planet… but that theory was rejected.

“Why does Kobra get to believe in unicorns if Adrenaline’s not allowed to believe in aliens?” I argued as I tried explaining my thoughts to Kobra.

“Because unicorns are real, or WERE real before the fires started, and aliens are nothing but a myth!” He replied.His finger was still in a splint-like thing. When other killjoys came over he said it happened in a surprise drac attack.

“Aliens are real! I hear them sometimes.”

“You’re in the sun too much, it’s just the heat getting to your head-”

“Then explain Adrenaline’s visions!” He didn’t have to know they were hallucinations caused by lack of sleep or altered happy pills...

“You have a sugar problem, it’s as simple as that. It goes up into your brain and makes you think you’re seeing things.” Kobra replied, swirling his index fingers around his ears in the ‘you’re a complete nut job’ motion.

“Adrenaline’s not insane! Well, not like that anyway.” I corrected myself.

“Would you two stop arguing? It IS a tracking device, and aliens and unicorns are both real.” Silver declared, eliminating our argument to nothing but a quick, final glare.

“An ALIEN tracking device?” I asked.

“No, another one of BL/ind*’s. It would be cooler if it were an alien one, though.” Silver mused.

“Aww… well, what are they gonna do with it?” I asked, fiddling with the hem of my skirt. I think I was growing again… I was only a few inches shorter than Poison, at this point. Maybe I’m like a plant… I grow better with sunlight.

“They’re still trying to decide. It’s either destroy it, or plant it somewhere to see if they come looking for us.”

“Sounds fun, I’m going to go see what I can smash together from the junk pile.” Maybe he’d build me a robot… I like robots, they can shoot lasers from their eyes. Well, sometimes.