Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Backup

I was right. Those blinking lights were tracking devices. Well, I guess it never mattered that we dyed our hair.

“I say we plant them somewhere and destroy any draculoids that come for us. Then we destroy the trackers.” Poison said. I nodded. It sounded like a pretty good plan.

“To the desert!” I yelled, running toward the car, katana and raygun in hand.

“Wait for the rest of us!” I heard Poison yell. He came running out of the DIE-ner, Adrenaline, Jet, Kobra and Fun came following him. Remix limped out the door after them, trying to come with us. Fun picked him up and carried him into the car, snuggling him.

“Aww... he wants to come too.” Remix was recovering pretty well from his injury. He was still really adorable, only now he had a bandage wrapped around his body. Poor little guy.

“Onward!” I shouted, holding the tracking devices between my fingers. Time to get my life back. Time to rid myself of the last thing BLI knew about me. Adrenaline and I will finally be BLI free!
We came to a small spot in the middle of the desert. Adrenaline handed me my computer, which was kept in a small black messenger bag I kept near my side at all times now. I triggered a BLI alarm system in our area. The alarm goes off whenever it senses a raygun blast to the ground. It’s why good aim is important out here. We got into the Trans Am and waited for the dracs to come. I saw a few of them racing towards us from the security cameras. Perfect. I saw them get out of their car about 500 feet away from us. One had what I assumed to be a tracking device locator in his hand. He turned to the other, whispering something. I assume it was our old numbers, or something else to identify us by. They immediately went back to their car and called for backup. Time to ambush.

“Adrenaline, Silver, you can take those guys, right?” Jet asked. We nodded and hopped out of the car, running in their direction. They obviously saw us coming. I could tell by the way they looked at us, back at the tracking device, and back to us. They were probably confused as to how we were running at them when our trackers weren’t moving at all. Idiots. Closer, closer, closer... just 100 feet away now. I saw one look at the other and shrug. Their car sped towards us. Sometimes, I hate my slow reaction speed.

The car narrowly missed me as I dodged out of the way. I could see Adrenaline on the other side of the car, firing at the slightly tinted window on the passenger side of the car. The laser bounced of of the window as if it was a mirror. Bulletproof glass. I should have known. I aimed my gun down and fired at the tires of the car. I saw one flatten instantly. The car swerved as Adrenaline shot another one.

“Nice!” I called to her. She nodded in acknowledgment. The dracs’ car stopped and they got out. Filled with rage, or at least, as close to rage as you can get when you’re on those pills, they shot at us furiously. Bang, bang, bang, bang, miss, miss, miss, miss. They really did have terrible aim. I shot one right in the center of its forehead, it fell to the ground. Adrenaline ran to the other, shooting it multiple times. It took a bit more of a beating than its friend, but it was dead after a while. As I ran towards their car, I picked up their tracker to study later. I found Adrenaline and I’s tracking devices right between the front seats. One blast of my raygun later, we were free. Back to the Trans Am to get out of here before the backup comes. Too late...
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about not updating yesterday ^_^; I was at a party...