Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Tattoo

I don’t know how they did it, but as soon as the backup dracs arrived, we were surrounded.

“Quick, Adrenaline! Get back to back with me! That way they can’t shoot us from a blind spot.” Silver hissed, holding her gun that much closer. They were too close to us for me to attempt to throw a grenade their way. If I did, we’d ALL be dead. The Trans Am was circling around and around the pack of Dracs that had formed a circle around us. Everything else seemed to stand still. We glared at the dracs, and their soulless eyes stared back. We remained in that almost-silence, until I finally broke and started shooting. We were getting so used to this that it was almost like a game…

“Headshot! 10 points for Adrenaline!”

“Yeah? Well I just got that one straight through the bellybutton. I get15!”

“How can you tell? Do dracs even HAVE bellybuttons?”

“Well, they do now!” If not the most, that was one of the most normal conversations I would have with the killjoys in the middle of a battle.One by one, they fell. Some got shot from behind, when one of the guys would take a shot, but it was mostly inflicted by Silver and myself. It didn’t take long before they were just a pile of white.

“Hey… Silver?” I asked after we managed to get back to the DIE-ner.

“Yeah Adrenaline?”

“Do you ever miss your parents?”

“… yeah. What about you?”

“I really do… I mean, I can’t remember much of them anymore, or of my sister, but I know I loved them. I try to picture their faces sometimes, but…”

“It’s just a blurry picture, right?” Silver asked.

“Yeah, exactly.” I wanted to remember them. I wanted to remember so badly. But everything before being taken away had almost completely gone by now. I know I used to remember more, but now every time I tried to think back, I got pictures of the guys and Silver instead. Fun snapped me out of my thoughts, though.

“Hey, Adrenaline, can you cook tonight?” That was odd…

“You know how it always ends up…” I sighed.

“No, you can get Kobra to sit next to you and everything, I’m just sick and tired of eating Poison’s food!”

“… will you give me and Silver tattoos like yours?” I asked hopefully. Most of the time they were covered, but we all knew Fun had his fair share of tattoos.

“Jet would flip!”

“How about sharpie, then?” Silver asked.

“Deal. Now cook before I starve, please?”

“Aye aye, Fun Ghoul!” I replied, giving him a mock salute before heading back into the kitchen. I’d gotten my cooking down to basically just throwing stuff into the pan and stirring… no more thought about it.

“Now give Adrenaline arm art please! Ooh, and I want some on my ankles too.” So after dinner, where I was thankfully not thrown into the air again, Fun helped Silver and I cover almost every inch of shown skin with sharpie tattoos. Jet wasn’t too happy with it, but Kobra and Poison complimented our art, at least.