Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Brother

Finally. I finally have somewhat semi-permanent tattoos! Or at least, they look like tattoos. I remember when I was little, my parents would always yell at me for doodling on myself... and my brother, don’t get me started on hi--... wait a second... brother? I had a brother... I remember him, sort of. Black hair, just like mine and my dad’s. He had green eyes, just like my mom’s. He wasn’t there when the dracs and Korse came for me. He wasn’t there when our parents died. He might be still alive. I doubt it, but hey, I also doubted that I would end up in an abandoned diner in the middle of the desert with a bunch of guys more than twice my age. I’m here, aren’t I? Well, the chances of us finding each other are one in a billion. I heard a knock on the door, grabbed my katana and ran to answer it. It was probably just Show, coming back from wherever he was delivering a message this time. I think it was Zone 6. Another knock and a scream. This can’t be good. I near kicked the door down and grabbed my raygun out of it’s holster.

“FUN! POISON! JET! KOBRA! Stop admiring Adrenaline’s arm and get your asses out here!” I shouted. I didn’t believe what was in front of me. It was a boy, maybe 2 years older than me. He was dressed in a BL/ind* standard issue citizen uniform. He was being attacked by four draculoids, his clothes frayed, his hair messed up. He had several bullet wounds in his limbs. His body was covered in scrapes and fresh bruises. His hair was Black, his eyes were green. He was my brother.
I held my raygun tightly and charged into the pack of draculoids, katana swiping at everything I could. He was unconscious now, blood seeping through his clothes and onto the dusty ground. He was my older brother. He was supposed to be protecting me... not the other way around. I felt a laser go into my shoulder, and another one into my leg. Neither of the woulds hurt too terribly, though. There was two much adrenaline in my bloodstream. Adrenaline came out of the DIE-ner, followed by the rest of the guys. ‘It’s about freakin’ time’ I thought. They shot at the rest of the dracs, holding them off while Adrenaline and I tried to keep my only remaining blood relative alive. He was badly injured, his pulse, faint. Why did he run, where did he come from, how did he get here, how did he find me, did he know I was alive? So many questions that might never be answered. I hate this. I hate him, but I can’t hate him. He’s my brother. Or is he? No, he is. I’m sure of it. Jet came over to us.

“Who is that and why does he look so much like you?” He asked.

“Oh, this is my brother.” Adrenaline did a double take.

“Wait, Adrenaline thought you were an only child.”

“Oh, most people did. It was because he almost never came out of his room. Only to eat and go to school.” Poison walked over to us.

“That your brother?” He asked.

“Yep.” I answered, popping the ‘P’. He was still bleeding, but it was slowing down slightly now. His pulse was still weak, but I think it felt a bit stronger. That’s definitely a good thing.

“Well, let’s get him inside.” Poison said “No use in leaving him out here.” Kobra and Fun followed us inside after killing the last drac. Time to remove the bullets, I guess. I went to get the vacuum-like machine to use on my brother. It feels weird to say that after 7 years. Bro-ther. I flipped the switch and went to work, hoping he wouldn’t wake up. One bullet out. Two, three, four. I’ve never seen someone survive so many... at least they were all in non-lethal areas. None in the torso or head. Five, six, seven. There. That should be all of them. I hope so. Now to remove my own...
♠ ♠ ♠
Yep.