Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Mailbox

I had no idea Silver had a brother… it was after the siblings had both been bandaged up and resting peacefully that I had Remix on my lap that I started thinking about my own sister. She would’ve been about the same age as Maverick, actually. Silver told me his name as we were walking inside. Unlike him though, I knew she wasn’t going to be coming back. They took her away just like my parents. I frowned as a tear slid down my cheek. It took me this long to realize my family was DEAD, torn away from me by people I didn’t run away from immediately? Setting Remix back on the floor, I wandered back out into the open part of the Die-ner. Spotting Kobra, I pulled him aside.

“Hey, Kobra? Adrenaline needs to know something.”

“Yeah? What?”

“I… know there are no cemeteries out here, but is there anywhere-”

“Ah, then the Mailbox is what you’re looking for.” He replied. “Here,” He said, fishing out a piece of paper from behind the counter. “You can write a letter to anyone you’ve lost, or had to leave behind.”

“Thanks, Kobra…”

“Any time, kid. Tell me when you’re done, and we’ll take a trip together.” Nodding once, I ran back into my room and pulled out a pen.

Dear Mom, Daddy, and Hannah,

I hope you can read this up in Heaven. I’m writing big so it’ll be easier for you. I’m sorry that you were taken instead of me. If it meant you’d still be alive right now, I’d gladly go. But, I can’t change what happened. So instead, I just want you all to know that I really love you, and miss you all a lot… I’m living with a group of killjoys now. There’s Silver Electric, who I used to go to school with before this stupid war started, and Party Poison, and Jet Star, and the Kobra Kid, and Fun Ghoul. Silver just found her brother. His name is Maverick. We also found a puppy, his name is Remix. I’m sorry it took me so long to write to you, but I didn’t know I could. I have a new name now too, they call me Adrenaline Frequency. I don’t really know what else to say, but I’ll write to you guys again if anything happens. I love you….

~Becca/Adrenaline Frequency

Folding it up neatly and clutching it tightly, I reemerged from my room.

“Ready to go?” Kobra asked.

“Yeah, I guess I am.”

“Hey, Poison! We’re taking the Trans Am for a little while!” Kobra shouted to Poison, who was in his room. “We’ll be back before sun down! Come on, Adrenaline.” He said, taking my hand. His own hand practically swallowed mine whole… but in a way, it was nice. We rode in silence, and after about fifteen minutes, we came to a completely barren stretch of desert, minus one big, colorful, flower covered mailbox.

“So I just drop it in there?” I asked, inching forward.

“Yep. Go ahead, Adrenaline.”

“Then what happens?”

“Some people say there’s a sky messenger up there, like Show Pony is for us, who comes down and collects them. Like the mailman of the Heavens, you know?” Kobra explained. “I’m sure they’ll get your letter, kid.” And with that, he put his arm around my shoulder, and made no comment when I had to lean heavily against him after I started bawling. He just stood there and pulled my shoulder a little closer, held me a little tighter. And when I finally stopped, he calmly helped me wipe off my face, said good bye with me, and we drove back home. Huh… I really did just call it home, didn’t I… That’s what the Die-ner had become. As Becca, I had nothing and no one left. But as Adrenaline? I had everything I could ever want.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is getting REALLY long...