Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Who

I woke up clinging to Maverick. He was still asleep. Adrenaline was no where to be found and neither was Kobra. I guess they’re out attacking some dracs. Fun was next to me, zoning out and playing with some soap we had gotten on the last raid. He was blowing bubbles.

“Oh, hi!” He said smiling, when he realized I was awake. “I didn’t know you had a brother! Why didn’t you tell us?” He asked.

“I didn’t remember I had a brother until about two hours ago.”

“Well, he can’t be all bad. By the looks of his clothes, I’d say he’s been on the run from dracs for about 3 days now.”

“I just hope he doesn’t die.” I said, tears threatening to fall. He was in bad shape. ‘Don’t cry, don’t cry, don’t cry, at least not in front of anyone. Whatever you do don’t cry...’ that was the only thing going through my mind. I felt a hot, salty tear run down the left side of my face. ‘oh crap...’ I thought. Fun hugged me.

“He’ll be fine. Don’t worry. He’ll make it through. I know he will.” Fun said, smiling.

“You better be right.” I saw Maverick roll over in his sleep, his eyes closing tighter when he realized that he rolled onto the arm he was shot in. ‘I hope he wakes up soon’ I thought.
Adrenaline walked through the door with Kobra.

“Killing dracs?” I asked.

“Nope. Saying hi to my family.” She answered. She must’ve gone to the mailbox for the dead. I should probably go there sometime. I heard talking behind me.

“Who are you? Where am I? How did I get here? Did I die? Do you work for Better Living Industries? Why does everything hurt so much? Why can’t I feel my arm?” Maverick was awake and confused, it seemed. I walked over to him.

“Well, you’re at the DIE-ner, and for a while, it’s going to be your home. You were attacked by draculoids right outside, so we brought you in. No, you are very much alive. We are killjoys, and working for those idiots is the last thing we’d do. You were shot seven times by the draculoids, and by the looks of it, sustained some permanent nerve damage in your left arm and hand. Does that answer your questions?” I said.

“Most of them, but who are you and why should you care about me?”

“Well, do you have any memory of your family pre-apocalypse?”

“No. None at all. All I can remember are the drugs. Oh, the drugs.”

“Well, let me start by saying this. My name is Jill, I was eight when I was taken by the draculoids, and I-”

“You’re my little sister...” Wow... he remembered me.

“How did you get here? I thought you were dead like mom and dad...” He said, confused.

“Well, I was brought to a BLI testing facility and the rest, you can probably figure out.” I said. He smiled.

“Yup, you’re definitely my sister.”

“So, what made you come here?” I questioned.

“Well, I heard some shots coming from the house after I left, and I saw mom and dad’s bodies outside of the house. I didn’t see you, so I figured they didn’t bother to bring you outside. Some dracs attacked me while I was wandering around a bit later, and dumped me in a Battery City orphanage. I got fed up with that about 5 days ago, so I just kind of made a run for freedom. You should’ve seen me, there were draculoids running all over the city to catch me! After a while they did, it was right outside, I guess. So I knocked on the door, and then you guys saved me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes.