Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Remember

“No!” I cried as I dropped my stolen candy onto the diner floor. “That was Adrenaline’s last piece!” I was almost positive that the five second rule would not apply here.

“Hey, Adrenaline,” Silver Electric asked, after swallowing a rather large mouth full of poptarts, “I’ve actually been wanting to ask you about that.”

“About Adrenaline dropping her candy?” I asked, attempting to stick the fallen lollipop to Jet Star’s hair.

“No, you talking in third person. And uh, Jet… you might want to-” She said, alerting Jet to my plans.

“Hey! What the- how immature are you?” He cried, grabbing the lollipop and throwing it behind the counter.

“Adrenaline’s not immature, she’s just experimenting!”

“Like Poison and his hair…” Fun Ghoul added.

“That was an accident! I didn’t think it would be this intense!” Poison shouted defensively.

“Shut it! I want to hear Adrenaline’s story.” Kobra Kid demanded.

“Well, once upon a time, I had my name taken away. I talk in third person because I almost forgot my last one, and I don’t ever want to forget who I am again.” I explained, making sure to use ‘I’ and ‘my’ instead of ‘Adrenaline’ and ‘her’.

“Huh… can you switch on and off?” Silver asked.

“After a while, Adrenaline gets used to talking one way, and I have trouble switching. But it can be done, yes. I just need to get used to it for a bit. Oh! Adrenaline just remembered something. Thank you, Silver Electric, for distracting Party Poison with your entrance because right before you came, he was man-handling Adrenaline into the bathroom to make her stop smelling like a Draculoid. It didn’t really help that I told him he smelled like a dead skunk, but Adrenaline hates being man-handled. Mainly because she’s not a man.”

“Oh, that reminds me, I picked up some cleaning stuff at Wal-Mart while you were grabbing the food.” She said, tossing a bar of soap, a brush, and some shampoo at me. I’d already ransacked all the kid’s toothpaste and the singing toothbrushes…

“You know, part of being a killjoy is having the killjoy perfume.” Fun Ghoul said, brushing his hair back with his fingers.

“… I’d have to agree and say that it just makes you smell like a dead skunk.” Silver replied, ducking the shoe tossed her way.

“Um, Silver Electric?” I asked. “Do you think maybe tomorrow you can help me get rid of some of this?” I asked, pulling my fingers through a rather stubborn knot in my hair. All this talk of hygiene had alerted me that my hair was still down to my lower thighs, and extremely annoying to deal with. Surprisingly, Silver Electric’s hair was a little lower than her shoulders.

“Sure, I cut mine myself right after I made the building go boom. How do you want it?” “As long as my hair gets less annoying, Adrenaline doesn’t give a crap. Just don’t kill me please?”

“Now that I can do.”

“… Do we really smell like dead skunks?” We heard Fun Ghoul ask Party Poison form their spot in a booth closer to the door.

“I’m not gonna smell you, man.” Poison replied, scooting away from Fun.

“I’m serious about this! And I can’t just smell myself, you know.” Fun argued.

“So go have someone else smell you then. I’m making sure the car-jackers didn’t hurt the Trans Am.” Poison said, pushing himself out of the booth and heading outside. Fun Ghoul headed timidly into Dr. D’s room.

“Alright short people, looks like we’re heading back to Wal-Mart. Among all the junk food and ‘sparkle-fun’ toothpaste, you didn’t seem to get any clothes.”

“I’m not short! I’m at least as tall as Fun Ghoul,” Silver Electric started

“And Fun’s short. Since we can’t have you guys running around in BL/ind* uniforms, we’re going raiding again.”

“Adrenaline hates clothes shopping.” I said with a frown.

“Well so does Jet Star- great, now you’ve got me doing it too. But really. You either come quietly, or the man handling comes back.” Jet Star explained.

“I’m with Adrenaline Frequency on this one… clothes shopping is boring. Can’t we just… hey!” Silver exclaimed as Kobra lifted her off the floor. “Eh, at least I don’t have to walk now.” She said with a shrug.

“Don’t even think about it, Jet. Adrenaline’s prepared this time for any of your ninja sneak attacks,”

“Boo.” Fun whispered from behind before swinging my feet off the floor so I was being held by my ankles.

“Holy flying fudge globs, put me down!” I cried, trying to elbow him in the stomach.

“Get used to it, something tells me this is going to be happening a lot.” Silver Electric said as she played with loose thread on the back of Kobra Kid’s jacket.

“You know, I really don’t doubt that.” I replied, as we were dropped (and I mean dropped.) into the Trans Am, Party Poison in the front seat, Jet Star manning the blaster in the back, Kobra Kid riding shotgun, and Fun Ghoul crammed into the back with us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happiness...