Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Haircut

I’m pretty sure I looked like I’d been to hell and back by the time the gang caught up to BLI. And if I didn’t at the moment they came in, I know for a fact I did after I was attacked with hugs. That, and Fun ripped the duct tape that was covering my mouth off. It hurt like a- well, actually, I don’t have anything to compare that to, other than having someone rip a strip of duct tape off your face.
“Did they hurt you?” Poison asked, his face more serious than I can ever remember seeing it. Images immediately flashed in front of my eyes. Korse came in, there was so much yelling, and then-
“No. Thanks, Poison.” I said, after managing to find my voice again.
“What did they do to you while you were here?” Kobra asked, helping me stand up.
“Interrogation, mostly. I didn’t tell them anything about us. They had six different people try. A psychologist, a nurse, the Asian lady, Korse, a doctor, and then as a last resort, a killjoy who they caught and turned into a citizen. He works in the pharmacies now.” I explained.> “Wait- how the hell is Korse back?” Silver demanded. “We killed him ages ago.” She looked at everyone’s faces for an answer, but no one had one. “…didn’t we?” “I don’t know anymore… and nothing else happened while you were here?” Jet asked.
“Nope, not that Adrenaline can think of.”
“So they’d just randomly gag you and cuff you to the bed?”
“They already cuffed me from the start, only letting me out for trips to interrogation. And the tape is because I got fed up and started screaming.”
“How many people did it take to get you to stop?” Silver asked.
“About four, I think.”
“Approved. Good job, Adrenaline, nice to have you back. We’re just going to have to get you into something more colorful once we get back home.” With that, we made our way back to the Trans Am, in a sort of circle formation around me, since I didn’t have my gun. There weren’t many dracs left over, but those that were around, didn’t stay that way for long.The drive back was completely uneventful, and as soon as we stepped foot into the DIE-ner, everyone headed off back into their own rooms. A busy day indeed. I thought I’d gotten rid of my nightmares, way back when, but for some reason, they just didn’t want to stay buried. Every time I tried to go to sleep that night, I’d wake back up not even a half an hour later, shaking and looking around frantically for something. My only problem was that I had no clue what that something was. Or maybe I was looking for a place to hide? It’s hard to tell when your dream doesn’t really clarify. But what I did know was what happened almost every single time. I’d be sitting there in that hospital room, and then it’d switch the view to Silver and Poison and Fun and Kobra and Jet making their way into the building, coming to rescue me. They’d get pretty far before backups were called in, and then serious shit went down. Bullets flying, people screaming, and I was completely unable to do anything about it. They’d get shot down, all of them, and then Korse would come back into my room and what happened after interrogation would happen again. It’s well known that he was a sadistic man. He carries a scalpel in his chest pocket, among all the ruffles, at all times. It hurt to remember, but every time I didn’t answer… he’d carve into one of the numbers of my tattoo. When he ran out, he’d leave me alone until they just stopped bleeding… to do it all over again. I couldn’t tell anyone that, I saw how mad they looked without knowing anything even happened to me there. If I told them… they’d go on a killing spree, and might be taken themselves as victims. Gritting my teeth and grabbing my scissors, I moved as quietly as I could into the bathroom. I couldn’t continue to wear my hair up in pigtails, my neck was completely exposed. Taking the pigtails out from the hair band, I watched my hair flow back to below my shoulder blades. With a last glance at it, I started chopping away. Different chunks came out to be different lengths, and it looked like I had a bulimic cat spit up hairballs all over the floor, but it wasn’t terrible. Right at my shoulders, but still enough to cover my neck, it hung in choppy layers/ with a final stroke of creativity, I tried to give myself a side bang. Then I went back to bed. Maybe I’d sleep a little easier now.