Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Notebook

It wasn’t the best idea to braid the almighty fro, but when we ended up surviving, it sure as hell was fun…
“Holy- what did you do to your hair, Adrenaline?” Party asked when he finally realized.
“Uh, she got bored of her old haircut and uh,” I stammered. They couldn’t find out about the REAL reason…
“Well, it looks good on you, kid.”
“Thanks! Sorry about braiding the fro, Jet.” I said. Wrong thing to say, apparently, because he got angry again and almost managed to tackle me to the ground.
“Jet, just calm down, if you smush her you’re the one who has to explain it to everyone,” Fun reasoned.
“Hey Silver?” I said, perched on the counter as Jet stood back up.
“Yeah?”
“Grab your brother and run! Run like hell! I’m going to bring out the peace offering!” The peace offering was actually a can of spray cheese that hadn’t gone bad yet.It might not be much, but it was some of the only junk food we had left. Not to mention it made power pup taste so much better…
“Hey, Jet…?” I asked, holding out the can. “Peace?”
“Cheese!” Yeah, peace.
“So how did you decide to finally cut your hair?” Killer asked. He knew something was up. Damn him and his magical powers of perception… Remix was sitting on his lap and we had all sat down to dinner. Jet cooked, with his new found ingredient by the name of Le Cheesy.
“Well, I just got tired of putting it up.”
“You never had a problem with it before, I thought you liked your long hair?”
“Drop it, Killer.” I hissed. No one else heard it. “Adrenaline just needed a change. That’s all it was.” The look he gave me told me he wasn’t going to drop it until he figured it out.
“So uh, Killer, what do you think you might want to do in the killjoy world?” Kobra asked, breaking our mini-staring contest.
“I was thinking about being a radio pirate like Dr. D, or a mole in one of the prisons. We need more of them or else we’re never going to get any information across.”
“Interesting choices. I bet Dr. D would let you take a few lessons from him, no problem.”
“I’ll go talk to him now, then. Might as well start early.” And just like that, he left.
“Hey, Adrenaline, what’s up with you and Killer?” Silver asked
“Nothing, he thought Adrenaline cheats at hide and seek is all.” I lied quickly.
“You know that if there’s something bothering you, you can tell me.” She replied.
“Thanks, Silver. Adrenaline’s gonna got to bed now… she’s been really tired lately.” I said and ran back to my room and dragged out a new notebook. The one filled with all my hallucinations had been long since filled up. I had to draw something. Anything to get me from spilling the secret. I know it sounds stupid, but drawing out what I didn’t want to say let me feel like I said it and then no one would ever have to actually know. Half an hour and 6 broken crayons later I’d finished. A bottle of glue leaking red. The label had a frog on it.
“The hell?” I asked myself. That wasn’t related to anything… but it did the trick. Killer better not get all snoop like and blow it for me…
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, so many things I did today. Regents, got a date, doctors appointment, got a date, academic awards night, got a date, went out for desert, got a date... did I mention I am going on a date?!
-Silver