Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Abuse

“To anyone. Not even the guys.” I finalized, snatching back my picture and my book. I’d need to find a better place to hide that stuff…
“It all started when I got dragged in. I don’t know how long I was knocked out for, but I knew exactly where I was when I woke up. A doctor came in to check on me, he gave me some water, and told me everything was going to be alright. I didn’t believe him. A little while later, they brought in a psychologist. She showed me pictures and told me to say what they made me think of. They all looked like spots to me, so that’s what I told her. You know, I really wish I’d thought of weirder answers just to throw her off, but-”
“Adrenaline, you’re stalling. Get on with what happened and then we can all go back to sleep.” Killer cut in.
“Fine, fine. After she left, a nurse came in and tried to make small talk. It didn’t work. That’s when I got taken down to the interrogation room.” I flinched at the memory, but continued. “It wasn’t white, it was gray. There was a stone table, about the size of a bed, and a few metal chairs. Mine had straps. The Asian Lady came in and asked me simple questions. If I knew why I was here, are you comfortable, all that jazz. Then- he came in. Korse. The Asian lady left, and I was alone in the room with that man and a few S.c.a.r.e.c.r.o.ws. He asked me where you were hiding. I didn’t want to answer him He tried to persuade me that if I told, I’d have anything I could ever want and I’d never have to worry about pain or sadness again. I didn’t want to tell him- I swear! You’ve got to believe me I didn’t want to do it, but-”
“We believe you, but what happened?” Silver asked.
“I gave him false information. Anything to get him to leave me alone. I said we were staying in an old hair salon until we could find a more permanent spot. He asked me more questions, why we were staying with them, why couldn’t we accept that BLI was the right way to live, he wanted me to bring them to you. He knew I was lying about the hair salon thing. I didn’t tell him. I refused to. That’s when he started yelling. The S.c.a.r.e.c.r.o.ws forced me out of my chair and one of them punched me in the gut.” It was getting to the hard part, now. “Do I really have to continue? You know what happened, it said it all right there in the book. They hurt me. Everything ranging from kicking to shooting.”
“Where did they shoot you, though?” Killer asked. Shooting a pleading look at Silver that had ‘do I have to?’ written all over it, I frowned when she nodded. Rolling up the hem of my shirt I showed them the shot wound. Right off center in the middle of my stomach. The doctors they had pulled out the ray, and stopped the bleeding, but that was about it. They were told to keep me alive, not make my stay a pleasant one. I watched the scene replay in my head and my voice got quieter.
“He kept asking me. I didn’t want to tell him, I couldn’t tell him, he’d kill you all, so I had to wait it out. He brought out the scalpel and the soldiers put me back in the chair and strapped me in” I said, shaking my head. I wasn’t crying, exactly, but my eyes were raining, definitely.
“It hurt, Silver…” I whispered, staring straight ahead. “Adrenaline’s number got scratched into her. It hurt… I still feel them. After that they brought me back to my room. Then I got rescued and now I’m okay.” I finished quickly, but yelled when Killer picked me up. “What the hell are you doing!?”
“You’re going to die if those get any worse.”
“You promised!”
“No, Silver promised. I said if you didn’t want us to tell anyone, we wouldn’t. But you never said that you didn’t want us to. It was only implied.”
“I don’t want you to-” a blue scarf muffled my words.
“Don’t want me to what? Sorry, I didn’t catch that. Don’t want me to stop? Good, we’re going to get the guys right now.” Damn him…
“Killer, are you sure about this?” Silver asked.
“She needs medical attention. Then we can discuss this. I’m lousy at first aid, and I know Jet’s even better than you are, so we need to go, now.”