Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Makeover

“Watch it!” I yelled as Fun elbowed me in the stomach.

“Hey it’s not my fault! This car can normally only fit 4 people!” He yelled back as we started moving. It was only about a 45 minuet drive back to Walmart. When we got there, Poison started lecturing us what we would have to do it we wanted to be killjoys.

“First things first, you need some rayguns. Me, being the awesome person I am, have two extras that I can gi-”

“I got that covered, Poison.” I said, tossing Adrenaline one of the rayguns I stole from BL/ind*.

“Do you have any paint? This white color kind of bums me out.”

“Fine, be that way.” Mumbled Poison, upset that he couldn’t credit himself with helping with our defense.

“What we’re going to do here is very simple. Go on a massive shopping spree without paying for anything! 3-2-1 GO!” Said Fun. We all took off, running into the whole I blasted in the wall earlier. We all went straight to the clothing section, only to find some draculoids walking around, around 7. When they saw us, they stopped dead in their tracks. They looked straight at Adrenaline and I, figuring we must have been “captured” by the killjoys. In retrospect, it probably would’ve been a smart idea to grab some extra clothes the first time we came here. I saw one of the draculoids reach for something, probably a raygun. I never did find out what it was he was reaching for, simply because I shot him in the head before he had a chance. He died almost instantly. The rest of our little killjoy group started firing at the rest of them, wounding most before they could even realize what was happening. It was a very easy battle to win. After all, they were just a bunch of stupid draculoids. We drug their bodies away from the scene of the killing and piled them in a corner.

“Well, that’s that.” said Jet.

“NOW we can look for some clothes for you guys!” said Fun excitedly.

It took all morning and part of the afternoon, but some articles of clothing other than that plain white outfit was found for Adrenaline and I. When we walked out of Walmart, Adrenaline was wearing a brightly colored shirt and skirt. Her hair was in pigtails and her feet, in some awesome combat boots. She also found a mask making kit, which she used to make her very own killjoy mask. It had a criss-cross pattern of stripes and the words “You’ll never take my heart” on it. I came out wearing a dark green trench coat with the sleeves ripped off to compensate for the post-apocalyptic Californian heat. I also had on some bright blue jeans. my hair was down and partially in my face, as always and I had on some neon rainbow converse. I, too, made a mask, only mine had zebra stripes and a bit of a cheetah pattern on it. It also had the words “You’ll never break me” across the top. Just when we were about to leave, Adrenaline found some paint, which she used to make an awesome design on her forehead with. I used it as war paint. When we came out, we looked like we had never seen the inside of a BL/ind* building.

“Silver Electric?” Said Adrenaline questioningly “Adrenaline doesn’t have very good aim, do you have anything else she can use instead of a raygun?”

“I’ve got some leftover explosives you can use if you want.” I answered.

“That’s perfect.” Adrenaline said as handed her some grenades and TNT from my stash of weapons.

"Hey Silver!" I heard Kobra calling from behind me. "We found this katana in the back, hidden in Dr. D's junk pile. Do you want it?" He asked. It always was my dream to own a katana.

"Sure!" I answered as he half handed, half threw the blade at me. I jumped away just before it sliced my hand right off.

"Hehe... sorry about that. I probably should have put it in the sheath first..." He said. I stared daggers at him.

"Really? You think that might've been a good idea?" I said. He handed me the sheath and backed away slowly, only turning to run out the door. "Now this," I said, looking at the shiny metal blade "is what I'm talking about.” I looked around for something to test my newfound weapon on when I spotted this weird thing on the floor. It was kind of long and skinny and it had this weird red thing on the top... I think I remember what it was called. I believe it was a flower. More specifically, a rose. “What the hell is a rose doing in the middle of the desert?” I said. While I wasn’t looking, Poison snuck up behind me.

“I planted a rose bush, but it’s not much of a bush... more like just a flower...” He whispered in my ear. I quickly turned around, holding my katana just an inch away from his face. He gasped, obviously not used to having a pointy object that close to his face. I sighed.

“Never sneak up on me like that. Ever.” I said.

“Sorry about that.”

“Well, why did you plant a rose bush in the middle of a desert, anyway?”

“I just wanted something to feel normal. Something to be like it was before BL/ind* took over.”

“Ah. That’s a pretty good reason. Well, it looks pretty.”

“Thanks.”

“Now can we please get some food that wasn’t meant for dogs?”