Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Bad

My stomach was killing me after that. Running was hard since my bandages made me waddle, but at least I could pretend to be a penguin with no problems. Well, until I tripped, anyway. I don’t know if you’ve ever landed on a diner floor like this one, but it tasted like stale coffee, dirt, and sweat. Cake, however, tastes yummy, and nothing at all like dog food (even if you DO grow to love it.).
“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, have a very f****ing happy birthday, happy birthday to you, Adrenaline!”
Now, imagine a group of killjoys sitting around a cake that could probably explode at any second judging by who made it and who was receiving it. Now imagine them diving towards it with enough force to knock over a small elephant. It wasn’t easy, but we all managed to get some. And damn was that cake good. Silver and Fun were fighting over the last of it and Killer was getting all angsty over how much sugar his sister just ate. It was kind of funny…
“Great. Just f***king great,” Poison started, coming back out of the room where we’d left the radio. “Sorry Adrenaline, but we’re going to need to cut this short. Huge group of nasty killjoys heading our way.”
“There are bad killjoys?” I asked.
“Not… bad, exactly. But they’re only against BLI for the blood. Most of the time there’s no conflict here, but then they start getting cocky and think they can destroy the fabulous killjoys to take that title for themselves.” Kobra explained.
“Of course, every other time they’ve come it’s just been us, so we need to get you guys somewhere safer.”
“What! We can fight just as well as you guys can! I almost took out Korse!” I shivered at the name. But Silver was right. We had just as much a right to fight as they did.
“But these guys don’t need you alive like BLI does. They’re not going to hesitate to shoot you dead.” Poison reasoned.