Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Give

Oh man… what did they do to me? I mean, I’ve been stunned just as much as the next killjoy, but this hurt… forcing my eyes open I looked around. I was on the floor of the diner. Two dead bodies, and a lot of blood. No sign of Killer and Silver, or any of the guys.
“Silver! Killer?” Was I actually all alone? Blood coated the bandages around my stomach.
‘Great. They went and opened it up again.’ I grumbled internally, pressing my hand over it and using a booth table to pull myself up. It was like I stepped into some alternate universe. Nothing moved. No one breathed. There was no sound but my heartbeat pounding through my head. I scanned the walls. No note, no scrawled message written in blood or dog food, nothing telling me where they were. Wonderful.
“Holy- They went and got themselves freaking kidnapped!” I exclaimed to the empty room, finally realizing what happened.
“Time to do this my way.” I muttered, storming into my room and dragging out my old uniform. Yes, I still had it. I don’t know why, but I was sure as hell glad for it. Changing hastily and abandoning all signs of my killjoy clothing besides my mask, I stumbled back into the main room. Stupid stomach shot was messing me up…
“Alright Adrenaline. You’ve done this like a million times before.” I reassured myself. I get lonely very easily apparently, if I’m talking to myself this much… or maybe I just needed something to fill the dead silence. Peeling away the old bandages and trying not to gag, I washed off my stomach as best I could and re-wrapped it tightly. Then I wandered back out into the desert.I knew they’d come looking for me. Now all I had to do was hope my acting skills were still decent.‘4,619 grains of sand…’ I counted before I finally heard the rumbling of an engine. It was too clean sounding to be a killjoy, car so it had to be BLI… looking into it, I saw I was right. S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/Ws.
“Child 1370492. Codename Adrenaline Frequency. Confirm.”
“Yes… That’s me.”
“Surrender now to Better Living Industries and it has been ordered that you are brought back.”
“Please- I just want to go home.” I sobbed. I really hope they would fall for it… The s/c/a/r/e/c/r/o/w who talked held out a hand towards me. Involuntarily, I flinched, but took it anyway. This was for my family. A different soldier pulled out something that looked kind of like a walkie-talkie.
“We have a confirmation on killjoy Adrenaline Frequency, number 1370492. Subject is showing no resistance. Awaiting further orders.”
“Good. Put the child on, would you?” A voice came crackling out. “And make sure our conversation is private.” Korse. Definitely Korse. Someone lifted me over the edge of the car and handed me the walkie-talkie.
“1370492.” It wasn’t a question, more like a declaration.
“Yes…” I practically whispered.
“You sound much more pleasant to be around than your companions. So quiet. So calm.” My blood began to boil. He didn’t deserve to talk about any killjoys. Not a one. But right now, I wasn’t a killjoy. I was a girl with a mask, and that was it.
“Have you agreed to surrender your life to someone who can take much better care of it?”
I took a deep breath. “…Yes, Korse. I will come back to better living industries. I was a fool for running away from something perfect. I regret my decision. The industry has taken away all the people who had shielded me from the lies killjoys thrive on. There are no more distractions and I would like to return home.”
“Very good.”
I walked back to the car, and no one bothered me. They just drove back to the labs. The Asian woman was the one there to greet me.
“Hello, 1370492. I’m so glad that you’ve come to your senses. Please, why don’t you take off that mask?”
“I’m sorry- but I can’t.”
“Surely you’re just nervous. You don’t have to worry. Nothing will be able to hurt you anymore.”
“No, I’m very sorry, but I accidentally glued it to my face a week ago. I physically can’t remove it.”
“I see. We can start you on the medication right after a short physical examination.”
“I just have one request. I would like to say goodbye to the rebels that I was living with.” Her face contorted into a deep set frown.
“I’m very sorry, 1370492. They have es-”
“They’re dead.” Korse. “They found their way back into the desert. There’s no possible way they could’ve survived in the heat. Come along, 1370492. I have a doctor already waiting.”
“No.”
“I said come along, 1370492-” Korse said through grit teeth, grabbing my arm
“And I said NO!” I screamed, yanking my arm away. “Adrenaline won’t go anywhere with you!” He started turning a sort of purple-red, but I couldn’t run. Not now. I wasn’t going to be a coward anymore.
“Do or die. You’ll never make me. Because the world will never take my heart. Go and try. You’ll never break me.”
“We’ll see about that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
When this is done, would you like a sequel/epilog thing? We won't make one if no one wants it.