Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

You

“I don’t remember being anyone called Adrenaline. My name is Becca. I come from New York, and I like to sing. I have a mom, a dad, and a sister-” I started.
“Had. All of our families are dead and gone now.” Killer said bluntly. Who names their kid Killer?
“O-oh… well, um, I don’t know much more than that. I remember my childhood, I guess, or most of it anyway, but the last I knew my family was still around. Actually, where are we?” I asked.
“California. You were brought here when you were 7 years old. You became a lab rat, and not even a year ago, you escaped and found your way to meeting the original killjoys. Does any of this sound familiar at all…?” Silver Electric asked. I shook my head.
“What’s a killjoy?” I asked and Killer face palmed.
“We’ve got a lot of catching up to do…” He muttered, and then we went back to walking.
“Where the hell were you three?? We leave the diner for 2 hours, two measly little hours, and we come back and you’re all gone!” The man was shorter than I was. He had long black hair, and a cigarette dangling from his lips.
“Relax, Fun. We got it all under control. We can tell you the whole story when Adrenaline’s less confused and can tell you her side. I only know what happened to me and Silver. Why don’t we just get back inside the diner and we can explain everything?” Killer asked. So I followed them back into a building that was covered in dust, blood, and little paper stars. They were pretty…
“Did you make those, Silver Electric?” I asked.
“Nope, you did.” … I did? Killer was talking to a different man now, with a bandana on his head and a sort of mustache-beard combination.
“We think she has amnesia. She doesn’t know who she is, or who we are, let alone what we are.” He explained. “Adrenaline, this is Doctor Death Defying.”
“Alright Sunshine, I just need to take a look at your head to see if I can figure out what made you forget everything.” I nodded, and he ran his fingers over my skull. There were no bumps, so he went into an office type room and pulled out a book. It, like almost everything in the room, was covered in dust and came from the very bottom of a stack.
“Here we go. Amnesia is mostly caused by either a severe blow to the head, or a traumatic experience in the patient’s life.” He read.
“So something bad happened to me…?” I asked.
“That’s our only answer until we get your memories back. Killer, Silver, why don’t you tell Adrenaline about herself? Something might trigger the thing that’s holding back her memories into releasing.”
“Alright. Let’s start with the basics.” Silver started. “Your name is Adrenaline Frequency. The two of us have been kidnapped on several occasions. You just turned 14. You can cook, and you make explosives.” She said.
“…nope, nothing.” I replied. Killer grabbed something off the counter and shoved it in my face. It was a notebook.
“Try reading this. You’ve got like 50 of them in your room, almost all of them are filled up. It might give you a clue to who you were before this happened.”