Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Finger

Bang. Bang. Bang. Another three down. Stupid draculoids. I’m pretending each one is the one that killed her. I don’t care what Poison said. She’s going to die. I just know it. No one can survive that many bullets. I don’t care how strong Silver is. She’s not going to survive. I wish she would, but she’s not. Another draculoid dropped. I think I’ll go play with Silver’s cameras. She would want me to. I could black them all out, confuse BLI for a little bit. Wait, I don’t know how. Silver is the ONLY killjoy who knew. I think I’ll go back to the DIE-ner anyway. Who knows, maybe Silver will wake up. I’ll just watch her until she does. It’ll be a while, maybe it’ll never happen, but I can hope. I walked back to the DIE-ner, going straight into Silver’s room. I pulled up a chair, right next to her bed and waited. I waited for her leg to twitch. I waited for her finger to move. I waited for her to squeeze her eyelids a little bit tighter. I waited for anything, really. Any sign that Silver was alive. A second passed. A minuet passed. An hour, a day, a week. Still, nothing. I hadn’t eaten anything in days. I hadn’t gotten out of that chair. I didn’t want to miss anything. Did Silver just blink? I don’t think so... no. nothing happened. It was just my mind playing games. Nothing’s going to happen. She’s dead.
“Please, eat something. Go to sleep. Do anything.” Poison walked into the room.
“No. Not until something happens. I don’t want to miss anything.” I said. He shook his head.
“That’s no reason to let yourself die. You’re eating something. NOW.”
“not unless you bring it to me. I’m eating it here.”
“Fine.” He brought me a can of power pup and a fork. I still hate this stuff. Wait a second... Silver’s finger... it moved. A little bit, but it moved. She’s alive! Oh my god, she might survive after all!
“Everyone! She moved! She moved!” I called. They came rushing into the small room. Silver’s finger twitched again. Again. Again. I wish it was more than just her finger, but it’s good enough for now. Everything’s going to be okay now. I just know it. We’ll all be one big happy killjoy family again.
“I think Silver’s going to live. Judging by the fact that it’s taken her a week to move one finger, theres a 51% chance. It’s more than half. It’s good.” Dr. Death Defying said. At least there’s a chance. I wish Adrenaline was here. I need someone to talk to. Someone that won’t treat me like I’m younger than them, but can still have a decent conversation. I really miss her. She’ll be back soon. When Silver’s better. Everything’s going to be alright.