Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Happy

“I choose… I- I- don’t know.” I decided.
“C’mon Adrenaline, everyone misses you back at the Die-ner,” Fun started.
“Yeah, you’ve still got an entire life back there.”
“Why couldn’t you people have just forgotten about me!” I screamed. “I ran away to make everything easier for you, and now I just went and made you people worry more!”
“Adrenaline, you haven’t caused any problems, what are you talking about?” Poison said, keeping his tone even and approaching me slowly.
“I can’t move as fast, I’m always getting kidnapped, I’m bad at shooting and I make stupid decisions!”
“Chill the fuck out, we all do that.” Kobra demanded, ignoring Poison and striding over to me easily, pinning my arms to my side from behind and slowly rocking back and forth.
“But it feels like I do it more. Killer and Silver are all tough and junk, and all I can do is make things that go boom, which I can do happily, from right here, as Chemical Lantern.”
“But are you really happy?” Silver asked.
“As who? As far as I know, Adrenaline Frequency was dead as soon as I took off my mask. As Chemical Lantern, I have an easy life with Blood Star and Revenge Trigger.” I said, shaking myself out of Kobra’s grip.
“Adrenaline, you are coming with us back to the Die-ner. You will put back on your mask, and you will go back to normal.” Silver demanded. She could be like that. Very strong character. “I have ways of making people do things, and you know that.”
“Silver, let her choose.”
“So you’re just going to let her go?” She yelled, hand flying to her head.
“He doesn’t have to. I’m going home with you guys. Just don’t expect everything to go back to normal right away, okay?” Then I got crushed by 6 killjoys while Blood held Trigger back from trying to destroy them all.
“Sorry it didn’t work out for us the way you planned, but you’re gonna find other killjoys and have all of California connected.” I said, waving to Blood and Trigger(who had calmed down a little bit) and climbing into the familiar seats of the Trans Am. I felt like I let a part of myself down, but at this point, I didn’t really care. I was back with people who I know loved me, and that’s what made life cool.