Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Bike

Silver and I just stared at the green dot. I mean we blinked a little bit, but that was about it. Where was this connected to? How long had it been recording us? Who even knew we had a computer that worked?
“Chem, Silver, you’ve been staring at that thing for over an hour. Time for a break.” Jet said, closing the laptop.
“Adrenaline doesn’t understand any of this, so she’s going to pretend to drive the motorcycle.”
“I thought you were Chem…?”
“Well today Adrenaline feels like being Adrenaline.”
“This is going to get confusing again…” Jet sighed.
“I’m staying and trying to figure this out.” Silver declared. I shrugged and told her good luck, and then I grabbed Kobra’s helmet off the counter and went outside. It wasn’t really easy to pretend to ride the bike without it being on, because you couldn’t lean to the sides without it actually tipping over. I learned that the hard way.
“Oh! What’s that! Look out Adrenaline,” I mimicked an announcer’s voice. “There’s a huge pack of dracs, and is that Korse? It is! It’ll take a miracle to get yourself out of this one.”
“Don’t worry, I can handle it.” I said to myself in my normal voice, trying to sound as tough as possible. I was 5 feet and 6 inches of pure bad ass-ness. Well, maybe not pure bad ass-ness, because I still had a curfew, and I wasn’t allowed to get any permanent tattoos and I still wasn’t really allowed to cross the street by myself, but I was close. Kind of.“Wow, an amazing head shot by Adrenaline Frequency!” I said, switching back to my announcer voice.
“I’ve been practicing with my ray gun.” I shrugged, swinging my legs over the side, accidentally hitting the kick-start. I held onto the handle bars for dear life as I fumbled my feet around trying to stop the bike.
“Holy- Holy- Holy- HOLY FLYING I’M NOT ALLOWED TO SAY THAT WORD EVEN THOUGH SILVER SAYS IT LOTS!” I screamed as I gave up on stopping and focused more on steering. “Sand, Sand, Sand, CACTUS!” I served, sending sand flying along with whatever treasure had been buried there. It looked like a scorpion. Pretty, and creepy, and-
*CRUNCH* well, and squashed, oops…
“I’m gonna DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!”
“Don’t worry Adrenaline!”
“Chemical Lantern!”
“But you just said-”
“I changed my mind! Now make it stop!”
“Right! Just hold on, and whatever you do, don’t crash into the-” Jet got cut off as the bike snagged on something and I was flung over the handlebars, ramming straight into a “…cactus.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm being dragged to Switzerland by my mother for a week and a half, starting tomorrow. I'll try to update if I manage to get some sort of chocolate-coated wifi there.