Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Generation

“Name it Hope?” I asked, walking into the room. Several sets of eyes snapped to me.
“Adrenaline! You’re alright! When we woke up and you weren’t there, we got so worried, we thought you’d been kidnapped, or killed!” Candy rushed, crushing me in a hug like only emotional pregnant women can do.
“Sorry about that…”
“Why would they call the baby Hope?” Fun asked. He sniffed once and scrubbed at his eyes with the back of his hands.
“Because none of us seem to have any out here.” I answered simply. “I mean, if it’s a boy, there are some cool options too. But does the baby even need to have a pre-fire name? If the baby was born a killjoy, shouldn’t it have a killjoy name from the start? Nothing to hide, nothing to run from,”
“But that’s like breeding a generation full of nothing. Our actual names give us something to remember what the world can be again by. A little part of us that BLI can’t take away.” Poison argued.
“Look, Poison. Until you’ve spent most of your childhood in a place where you’re nothing more than a number, a simple little number to the closest thing to a parent you’ve got, a sick and twisted person who doesn’t give a damn about who you are, don’t talk about what they can and can’t take away.” I snapped, sliding under a booth table.
“If we can finally get those pills distributed, BLI can’t take away anything anymore.” Silver added.
“We’re going to need to be fast and super precise with this. I think it might be easier if we only take out a camera or two at a time, let them think there’s just a bug in the system, you know? Then have everything already in position to be switched. I don’t know where the pills are shipped from, so we’ll need someone closer to the city to tell us that.”
“Chem, get out from under the booth, it’s time for another broadcast and we need to get this idea out in the open.” Kobra said, and reluctantly I left my spot. Jet was already in the room when Silver and I walked in, flipping through some CD’s.
“Dr. D, Candy’s pregnant. You might want to go help with that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's really hard to think of chapter names this far into it... Nearly everything obvious is taken. We're expecting a hurricane here soon. Wish me luck while I pray I don't get swept up like dust to a vacuum cleaner. And to anyone else who's in the path of what I believe is now Irene, good luck to you too.