Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Distractions

“They might still be out there. We can find them and finally get everything back to the way it was supposed to be.” Poison said, leaning on the counter. Killer was playing with Remix while everyone else was paying attention. The guys were all staring at Poison with this not blank, but almost indifferent expression of trying not to freak out. I didn’t know when their families had been taken, how much time had passed, where they were taken from, but there was a good chance they were just walking around like drones, unfortunately. But still, it was better than being dead, from what I’ve heard.
“Then we have to go find them. I’m not leaving my babies in there with BLI any longer than I have to.” Fun said, heading for the door.
“We’ll be back.” Kobra reassured me, grabbing another gun out of his room. As soon as they left, Killer went off to fiddle with the broadcasts while Dr. D was away to get more supplies, and Silver left to map out her robot unicorn tattoo idea. My mood sank and it felt like my heart went into my throat. I was so happy that all their families might still be alive, but they were the only family I got. Killer and Silver had each other, and before this, Poison and Kobra had each other, but we were all a mismatched family shoved into a diner. Now they’d all have their own families, Silver would still have Killer, and besides Dr. D and Show who were almost always together so it didn’t really count, I’d be-
“Hey Adrenaline, you want one? The guys will be away for a while, I have more than enough time to give you a tattoo.” Silver offered.
“Sure, if Poison can handle it, I think I can manage.”
“So what do you want?” Silver asked.
“I still have a scar from that stupid ray gun shot back when I was in interrogation. Could you make a sun around it?” I asked, grabbing a piece of paper and sketching out what I wanted and handing it to her before lying down on the booth table.“Something like this.”
“I can do it, but are you sure you don’t want something to bite down on? This stuff is painful as hell.”
“I’ve got it, I hope…” She handed me a rag anyway, just in case. Then she wiped off the space around the scar with some rubbing alcohol that I’d picked up on a raid, and got to work.
“How- the hell- did- Frank- do this- all- over- his- arms?” I choked out.
“I don’t know, but you’ve still got a long way to go. Just keep breathing and try not to pass out on me.”
“You want one of these- all- across- your back.”
“Yeah… I’m going to need a lot more fingers to break.”
“Kobra’s- are still- kind of- bent- funny…”
“Alright, time for distractions. Why this tattoo?” Silver asked.
“There was a character- in a show I used to watch before everything went down. An anime, actually. Naruto. He had this seal on his stomach because of something that was trapped inside him, but even though people hated him for what he contained, he never gave up, and kept on fighting, to be the best. I want to be like him as best I can. This is to remind me of tha- ow! Dude I think you just stabbed my bone!”
“Sorry! Still getting used to this thing.” Silver replied, stopping to wave the tattoo gun thing around.
♠ ♠ ♠
Third day in a row of updating, but don't get too used to this. This is probably the only time it'll happen, sorry. It feels like I should put a disclaimer, so... I don't own Naruto, and since I don't think it's been mentioned yet, we don't own the Killjoys, or any of the songs mentioned either.