Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Escape

That was WAY more excitement than I needed for one day. But such is simply the life of a killjoy.

“Adrenaline actually managed to hit one!” I called out as we came back into the diner.

“And we finally got Fun to stop throwing up confetti sprinkles.” Poison said, supporting a rather green looking Fun Ghoul.

“The last ice cream cake in California got its revenge…” Fun replied, his eyes widening slightly, and then he ran back into the bathroom.

“I take back what I said before…” Party Poison said, shaking his head

“Cleanup in aisle 5.” Silver Electric said, looking slightly green herself. I just tried to ignore the sounds of sick as best I could. In an attempt to take my mind off of it, I pulled out my wanted poster.
‘Let’s see… estimated age… 13. Well at least they got that right’ I thought. ‘Last seen… they spelt Wal-Mart wrong! How do you spell Wal-Mart wrong?’

“Adrenaline’s wanted for a lot of things.” I said, looking at the long list.

“That means we’re doing something right, I guess.” Silver replied

“The only problem is, Adrenaline doesn’t remember doing these things yet. Like vandalism. She was gonna take the sharpies that I bought at Wal-Mart, and tattoo a drac jacket, but she’s already being wanted for it! And possession of confiscated materials, parentheses thingy, novels, poetry, and colored pencils, parentheses thingy? Adrenaline was going to go back to Wal-Mart again because she realized that she forgot to get those things and I was gonna try and write the poetry myself. How do they know about Adrenaline?” I demanded

“Just calm down, and stick with either first or third person. You’re confusing most of us.” Kobra Kid said, pushing my arms(which I had thrown in the air and waved about a bit during my yelling session) back down to my sides.

“Adrenaline wants answers. And she’s gonna get them one way or another.” I said.

“You’re not going out there alone.” Jet Star interrupted.

“I have weapons, and I have a motive. What more does Adrenaline need?”

“A brain, maybe? You threw your first grenade less than 2 hours ago. Now you want to take on possibly all of BL/ind* just because they know things that you haven’t done yet?” Kobra Kid asked

“It may seem stupid to you. But they have a way of knowing what I’m thinking still, and I want it to stop.” I said, yanking my arms out of his grip and dragging my bag with me into the girl’s bathroom.

“What are you looking at?” I accused- the mirror? “Mirror, mirror, in this room, how can I bring about BL/ind*’s doom?” I asked it. There was no answer, but my reflection flickered for a moment before returning. The sound of a door opening caught my attention.

“I know what you’re planning to do…” Silver Electric said, coming to stand beside me.

“Don’t tell the others… knowing them I’ll be tackled to the ground again and fed ice cream cake.” I pleaded.

“I’m not gonna tell, because I’m coming with you.” She replied.

“Then we’ll take the window. Explosives making isn’t the only thing I managed to find.” I said, grinning like a maniac and pulling out a piece of paper with scribbled instructions on how to hotwire a car.

“How- you’re like an evil genius!” She said, looking over the instructions.

“And we’re out of here.” I added, using a sink near the window as a step stool, just barely managing to push myself through, pulling Silver Electric when she followed, dragging my bag out with her.

“Turn on the radio, Adrenaline? I really like this music stuff.” Silver called over the noise of the engine. As I twisted around the station finder to try and clear the static, a voice stood out.

“You’re here with me, Dr. Death defying, I’ll be your surgeon, your proctor, and your helicopter. We have a special request for all you killjoys out there. Party Poison says to set your rayguns to stun, and look out for 2 of the most wanted rookies out there. I’m sure you’ve seen the wanted posters, but the gang wants them first. They were last seen in zone 3, and are riding in a 1979 Trans Am. Both show a particular interest in anything as shiny as God’s revolver. If you manage to find them, drop them off at the zone 3 entrance.” This was bad…

“This is Fun Ghoul. Silver Electric, Adrenaline Frequency, you get your asses back in zone 3 now! WE had to have Jet Star break down the bathroom door because we thought you guys drowned! What do we find instead? An open window, and a list of hot wiring instructions.” Fun Ghoul’s voice replaced Dr. Death Defying’s.

“Damn, I thought I was forgetting something…” Silver muttered.

“I swear, if there is ONE SCRATCH on that car, you are grounded until the world runs out of Power Pup!” Well Party Poison is taking this better than I expected…

“Excuse me, this is MY radio show.” Dr. Death Defying was back again, apparently. “Now, as I said before I was so rudely interrupted, we’re on the look out for Silver Electric, and Adrenaline Frequency. But while you look, here’s a blast from the past, ‘I’m not Okay’” And with that, the music started up again.

“Keep watch for any killjoys. The gang back at the diner is the most respected around, and most people would do anything to help them.” Silver explained.

“ Adrenaline can try- GET DOWN!” I cried, shielding my head from an incoming beam of laser light.

“We can’t even shoot them back because they’re the good guys!” Silver exclaimed, swerving to dodge another shot. This was very bad. Very, Very bad. But…at the same time… so damn exciting.