Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Backup

“Okay, almost done!” I said. Adrenaline was biting down on the rag at this point. Actually, I think she bit through it. She had sharp teeth.
“Finally!” She said, nearly shouting.
“Now, do you think Kobra’s motorcycle could fit three people?” I asked, putting away the last of the ink.
“Probably, but why do you want to-- oh... not a good idea.”
“Why not? We could help them get their families back!”
“Do you remember what happened last time we stole one of their vehicles?”
“Oh, yeah... we got grounded... I’m still going to do it.” I said, grabbing Kobra’s helmet from a table.
“Well... you will need backup...” She said, carefully pulling the helmet off of a sleeping Show. “Huh... so that’s what his face looks like...” Killer stopped playing with Remix.
“I’m coming too. Mostly because it’ll be boring here alone.” He said. “Now, the challenge. Finding another helmet...”
Three people riding on one motorcycle would look weird any day, especially when one is wearing a pot on his head.
“Almost there. We’re going to demand we get what we want. If anyone says no, we give them a blast to the skull. Got it?” I shouted over the wind. Killer and Adrenaline nodded. The towering buildings of Battery City grew closer. I saw the headquarters. The Asian woman was there. I knew it.
“Are you going to be okay without your katana?” Killer yelled.
“I’ll manage.” I shouted back. That was the one downside to not having the use of one arm. It was either raygun, or katana. Never both. I parked the motorcycle outside the door, right next to a familiar car. The Trans Am.
“Keep your boots tight, keep your gun close.” I said, pushing the doors open lightly. No scarecrows or dracs anywhere. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad. All of the security cameras were already shot out, and there were scorch marks all over the ground. The guys were here already.
“Nothing’s stopping us. While they’re off getting their families together, we could get their leader.” I ran towards her office, not waiting for anyone to follow me. Three scarecrows were guarding her office. I shot at the first. It fell to the ground instantly, the scorch mark dead center in its head. Two shots came from behind me. Killer and Adrenaline. This time, the scarecrows were expecting it. They dodged, shooting back at us. I grabbed for my katana, but it wasn’t there. I was such an idiot.