Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Confetties

For once, I could finally save the day. For once, I wasn’t the one who’d need to be rescued. And for once, I was actually afraid I might die. I mean, we’d all been in these kinds of fights, lots and lots of times. But now was the first time it really set in that there was a really, really good chance of one of us not coming back out with a pulse. During my time spent with Trigger and Blood, I’d finally met another explosives user. A killjoy who went by Atomic Lithium, who had developed a sort of sticky bomb on his own. Kind of like a grenade, I guess, you activate it, and then stuck it to a wall and it would stay there for a while, and then it would explode and if you didn’t get out of the way you’d be little killjoy confetties. I had one that he’d given me to analyze. Nobody just went and gave lessons on how to make something like this, you either knew, or you didn’t. I could risk blowing us all up but preventing the guys from getting caught, or run like a little sissy coward and see how to make more so I could stick them all around the perimeter of BLI’s bases and blast them to smithereens…
“Adrenaline! Stop day dreaming, are you trying to get yourself killed?” Killer yelled, smacking the back of my head as he shot at the dracs again. They brought more friends to join the party…
“Fall back.” I replied, pulling out the sticky bomb thing, and resting my fingers on the pin. “I’ve got this one. Unless you want to get blown up I’d say it’d be wise to grab your sister and fall back now.” He nodded once, and I yanked the pin out and flung it at the wall. When it didn’t explode on contact, the dracs laughed at me. I smiled brightly and waved goodbye, and then ran away. We could come back for the Asian lady, right now we just needed to clear out the drones. I giggled when I heard the wall explode .
“I should’ve grabbed my katana on the way out, think there’s anything here I might be able to use?” Silver asked, using her working arm to adjust the one in the bionic harness.
“This work?” Killer asked, dragging out a long, thin, pointed piece of cement.
“How’d it get like that?” I asked.
“Looks like it was a support beam that got splintered when the guys came through here.”
“Time to make drac-kabobs.” Silver grinned, wielding the cement spear like a jousting stick.
“That’s a really nasty cannibalistic mental image right there…” I said, my face scrunching into a grimace.
“I could really go for some human flesh right now, actually. Tastes like chicken.” Killer joked.
“Well, the dracs back there should be fried right now, so I’d try those if you really need a flesh fix.” I replied, jerking a thumb back over my shoulder.
“Enough, you’re making me hungry, and all I keep imagining is eating people. Do you know how nasty that is? It’s like, eating- ugh, I don’t want to think about this. Can we just go and kill madly now please?” Silver asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
We just keep getting closer to the end, now don't we?