Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Gate

“We’ll get it back to you!” Killer yelled as we sped past Kobra. That bus was so close… I held on to Killer as tight as I could- we didn’t have enough time to grab helmets, so if we went over the handlebars, we’d have jelly for brains.
“Killer! Try taking out another one of the tires!” Silver yelled above the wind rushing past our heads.
“Adrena-chem, this is going to be awkward, but I need you to grab my gun.” It was in his back pocket, meaning I’d have to let go at least long enough to grab it and hand it to him. Fun.
“Just take mine,” I said instead, grabbing my gun quickly and pushing it into his waiting hand.
“It’s so girly though!”
“It’s purple! Deal with it and shoot!”
“They’re headed right for-”
“Oh my freakin- Silver! Turn it around! They’re headed for the electric gate! As soon as they collide, we’re all going to vaporize!” There was a gate surrounding the entire area. Judging by the static-ish noise coming from it, that thing was being pumped full of electricity. One simple touch and we’d probably be scarred by the burning forever. That, or we’d get electrocuted so bad it would fry our brains and we wouldn’t even notice.
“The handle’s jammed!”
“We’re going to have to jump.”
“Are you crazy?? We’re going like, 70 miles an hour, if we jump, we’ll be skidding across the pavement from here to zone 6! They might have someone opening the gates to get the citizens out alive, and if we could just get close enough they won’t be able to shut them fast enough.”
“What about the guys, then?” Killer asked finally shooting, but missing the tire and denting the bus.
“They can get away. They’re not called fabulous for nothing.”
“Oh man, we’re idiots, Silver, hit the brakes already!”
“The brake clutch is on the OTHER handlebar, Killer. With my arm busted, I’d have to reach my other one over to grab it, and the bike would tip. It’s not used to supporting this much weight as it is, leaning over would be like trying to get killed. I’d put my boots down and stop it like that, but in case you haven’t noticed, we’re going a little too fast for that. Besides, if the others really are on that bus, and we stop, we’ll never catch up to them again.”
“So now it’s a choice. Save ourselves, and let the bus get away, or possibly die in the process, but make family happy.”
“We’d never, ever catch up to them again. They wouldn’t hate us, but they might be disappointed. Killjoys die to protect the people they care about.”
“Way to make me feel guilty about wanting to bail, Silver.”
“S-Silver- the gate- we’re going to-” I stuttered, raising a shaking hand to point.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sad to say it, but I'm starting a count down. We're getting down to the very end, my friends.

10