Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Discouraged

Still no sign of Silver. It had been almost three days since the bus incident, and I spent most of my time stealing Show’s old roller skates (I finally managed to not kill myself in them…) and looking for her, even though I knew she was fully able to take care of herself, because all the happy family time in the die-ner? Made me want to throw up. Yes, that’s right, I’m a jealous little killjoy.

Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t hate anyone because of it, I was good friends with Bandit, Cherry and Lily. I just preferred to stay out of the way. The atmosphere was filled with sunshine and rainbows even though Silver was still MIA, and I considered running back to Trigger and Blood at least 10 times.

“Silver! Are you out here?” I asked, abandoning the skates to be able to search on the sandy ground. Nothing but cactuses and tumbleweeds. Discouraged, I turned around and set off again, this time back to where the fence was. It was the last place we saw her, and although it wasn’t likely she’d stick around, it was still a possibility.

“Don’t worry Silver, Adrenaline’s going to find you and then Killer will stop pacing back and forth all over.” I muttered to the open air, circling the perimeter carefully.

“Oh my God- oh my-” I couldn’t even finish the sentence. I found Silver, but not how I wanted to. What would have been her bad arm was wedged between the tire and the bike, and she was completely fried. The only way I was sure it was her (you can’t trust anything out here. BLI could’ve found Silver hurt somewhere and planted this to confuse us) was her mask.

It wasn’t burned like everything else. I felt bile rise up my throat and ran to puke in a bush. This wasn’t happening. This couldn’t have been happening.

Silver was strong. She shouldn’t have been dead. Pulling some bandages out of my boots, I carefully removed her arm from the tire space and laid it by her side. Corpses freeze into whatever position they passed in not long after the time of death, so I couldn’t do much to move it.

“I’m sorry Silver- we should’ve found you before we even left that day, maybe this wouldn’t have happened.” I whispered, pushing the bike away with my foot. “I need to get the others out here, but if I leave… what’ll happen to you? Adrenaline’s going to stay here until another killjoy comes by. Then you’ll get out of this heat and sleep somewhere nice, okay?” It wasn’t wise to disrespect the dead.

Her soul container was damaged, but the spirit itself could still be around here somewhere. I didn’t know how long I’d stayed by her. It might’ve been a couple of days, it might’ve only been one. I couldn’t be sure. I promised I’d stay, so I did.
♠ ♠ ♠
...8.