Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Goodnight

Step, step, step, turn. Step, step, step, turn. Over and over again. I’m sure she’ll survive. She’s probably walking back here right now with Adrenaline. She’s been missing for a three days now. I’m starting to get worried that the guy’s will never find them. I was left with Dr. D and Show to entertain their families.

“Mr. Killer? Do you know when my daddy is getting back?” Lily asked. We had yet to give them all killjoy names.

“I hope he’s back soon, but I don’t know when.” I replied, still pacing. Man, I have got to stop doing this. I heard a car pull up in front of the DIE-ner. The Trans Am. I ran outside to find no one smiling. Tears stained all of their cheeks. The trunk was opened and out came my sister’s body. It couldn’t have been her. It shouldn’t have been. She looked like she was cooked from the inside out. The air filled with the scent of rotting flesh. No one said a word.

“Bad news from the zones, tumbleweeds. It looks like Silver Electric had a clap with an electric fence that went all Costa Rica and got herself ghosted, dusted out on route guano. So it's time to hit the red line and upthrust the volume out there. Keep your boots tight, keep your gun close and die with your mask on if you've got to.” Dr. D said sadly into the microphone. Fun and Poison were digging a hole in front of the DIE-ner. We should’ve found her sooner.

Maybe she would’ve survived. I watched as Kobra and Jet made a small box from some scrap metal and wood. Maybe I would just wake up and be back in my room soon. Maybe Silver wasn’t able to sleep and I would see her lying next to me. This is all just a nightmare... but it feels all too real.
Silver’s casket was lowered into the six foot deep hole in the ground.

“Would anyone like to say a few words?” I said quietly. Not one of the seventeen people around the grave dared to speak louder than a whisper.

“I think I have something more than a few words about this...” Poison said. I nodded.

“Long ago, just like the hearse you died to get in again, we are so far from you.” he sang softly.

“Burning on, just like a match, you strike to incinerate the lives of everyone you know.” Fun joined in.

“And what’s the worst to take, from every heart you break.” Jet sang.

“Like a blade you stain, well, I’ve been holding on tonight.” Kobra added. As the sun was setting, a chorus of everyone sang.

“What’s the worst thing I could say? Things are better if I stay. So long and good night, so long and good night.” So long and good night baby sister... so long and good night.
♠ ♠ ♠
7. It's getting closer to the end that makes you think about how it all started, I think.