Status: Finito.

Secret Admiring

YOU COME OUT OF NOWHERE AND INTO MY LIFE

Image
It was the first day of school and I walked into Miss Brinkley's English class. I snagged a seat off to the side and dug in my purse for my Chapstick. Once I moisturized my dry, cracked lips, the bell sounded. Kids came piling in until the teacher followed, a young woman probably around 27 at the most. She introduced herself before calling roll and assigning seats.

"Sanders, sit up front. Selio, you are behind Sanders. Sheckler is third and Smith is fourth." She called out. I picked up my things and went to my seat in between Sanders and Sheckler. Once she finished, we got our textbooks. I was lucky to get one with a good spine and only two previous owners. I took out a blue pen and wrote my information on the back of the front cover.  I closed the book and felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned to find an extremely attractive boy behind me. He had brown hair that was prefect without a strand out of place. His eyes were a unique hazel color that could never be reproduced while his smile was the thing that lit up the room, not the fluorescent lights.   
 
"Hey, can I borrow a pen?" He asked. 

I nodded and handed him the pen I was using. I let my eyes linger for a second so I could discover his name, which was Ryan. I turned around and repeated his name over in my head. Ryan tapped me again and handed me back my pen.

"Thanks," he said with a smile. 

"Anytime," I answered smoothly with a small smile of my own before facing the front again.

After class, I gathered my books and went to my locker. I followed the numbers on the paper: 4, 24, 10. I put my English textbook, workbook and binder away. I looked at my schedule to find myself going to Spanish next. I pulled out my binder for that and shut the locker. I jumped when I saw Ryan behind the door. Before I could ask what he was doing, he was already answering. 

"I realized after you left that I didn't catch your name and you were so kind enough to loan me your pen." He explained. 

"I'm Lynette-- Lynette Selio." I said.

"Well, I'm Ryan and, again, thanks for the help." He said before he took off.

I clutched the strap of my purse and headed to the foreign language hall with a huge smile.