John's Revenge

Ramona

**June 3rd 1995**

*Liv's POV*

I sat inside the sweltering house, reading pregnancy. I had six weeks before my due date and I was incredibly uncomfortable.

Frank walked in from the kitchen with a glass of water.

"Here you go," he smiled, kissing me on the cheek.

"Thanks."

We sat reading for a while, then went upstairs to sleep.

*Mike's POV*

I swallowed and tried to get some moisture in my mouth. Annie had gone to the bathroom and in a minute, I was going to propose. I checked my coat pocket and gasped with relief. It was still there.

I saw Annie coming out of the bathroom. She had her cell phone in her hand and she looked pale and scared.

"Sweetie, what's wrong?" I jumped up and helped her back into her seat.

"It's Liv," she whispered, a tear rolling down her cheek. "She's gone into labour, six weeks early."

*Billie's POV*

Adie and I ran into the hospital and found Tre pacing up and down in the waiting room, tears streaming down his face.

Adie ran up to him and hugged him.

"How is she?"

"They're doing an emergency ultra-sound, then they're taking her to a delivery room and getting us," Tre said, taking the tissue Adie handed to him.

"Do you want us to ring Mike?"

"No, I called him and Annie already, they're on their way."

A doctor walked through and Tre ran up to him.

"Um, sir," Tre asked, wiping his eyes. "My name is Tre Cool, my wife Olivia is here, she's gone into premature labour, do you happen to know anything?"

"Hmm, Olivia Cool, you said?" He pulled out a clipboard and flipped through it. "Yes, my colleague Dr Coleman is with her at the moment and I'm about to go through to her. May I take you to a private recovery room to wait for her?"

"That would be great," Tre beamed and we followed the doctor down the halls.

"Hey! Hey! Wait up!"

I turned and saw Mike and Annie running down the hallway hand in hand. I stopped and waited for them to catch up. Mike began to talk but I stopped him.

"Follow us."

* * *

Three hours later, Mike, Annie, Adie and I were still sitting in the room. The doctor had taken Tre out half an hour after we came in.

We were all very tense; Mike had been through thirty cups of coffee and was beginning to shake and twitch.

"What do you think's going on?" Annie said, staring out of the window.

"I don't know," Adie replied. "I'm so worried. I hope she's OK. And the baby."

"Hee hee," giggled Mike. "I can see cars outside. They're shiny." He carried on giggling.

"I might take him home soon," Annie said.

Adie walked out and looked down the hall.

"God, this place looks deserted," she said, shaking her head.

We sat some more, twiddling our thumbs, occasionally making small talk.

We jumped as we heard a huge thump.

Mike was lying on the floor, twitching and giggling hysterically.

"I don't know if I want to go out with him anymore," said Annie, wide-eyed and scared.

* * *

Four hours later, Tre walked back in, pale and expressionless. We all jumped up.

"Sweetie... " Adie began.

"She's had the baby about three hours ago, she's down in Intensive Care, but they say she's got a good chance of pulling through," Tre burst into fitful sobs and sat down, burying his head in his hands. "But, Liv, Liv lost a lot of blood, she...she might not make it."