John's Revenge

In which nothing much happens......

**July 4th 1995**
*Liv's POV*
The midwife smiled at me.

"She's grown so much since I first saw her! You're doing brilliantly." We were sitting on a rug in the garden, under the oak tree. Mona was lying on a blanket, kicking her feet in the air, gurgling and happy. "How are the nights?"

"She's great, she sleeps through, for the most part."

"When does she normally want feeding?"

"Well, she's always awake at six, so she's a real early bird," I chuckled. "Then again at about ten, ten thirty, after that about two pm, again at five pm, once more at seven thirty, then she goes down for the night. She normally feeds at ten pm and three in the morning after that, then again at six."

"OK. Do you always feed her?"

"Yes. The only time she is bottle-fed is once during the night. Frank does one night-feed, I do another."

"Well, everything sounds great! I'll see you in a week," she smiled and walked away. "I'll see myself out."

I lay on the rug next to Mona. She whimpered. It took me a moment to realise it was because she couldn't see me anymore. I pulled her in towards me so I was cradling her against me. She could see my face near her own.

"Hello, Miss Mona," I smiled, tickling her chubby toes. She gurgled and grabbed a stray bit of my hair. "Hey! That's mine!" She gurgled again. "Come on, Mommy doesn't want to be bald! Give it back!" She gave it another small tug then let go. "Hmm, I'm going to have to keep an eye on you!" I tickled her tummy and picked her up. "Let's go find Daddy." I carried her inside the house and we walked down to the basement, where Frank was working on the drum parts for some new songs.

"Hey, sweetie, how's it going?" I sat on a chair next to the drum kit.

"Yeah, I think I got it," he smiled and kissed me on the cheek. He turned to Mona and kissed her forehead. "Hey, how are ya?" He held her hand out with his and then hit it with his other hand. "Baby high-five! Yeah! Woo!"

I smiled as Mona gurgled some more. Her mouth widened and...

"Oh my God! Did you see that?" Frank gasped.

"I know! I know!" I kissed her forehead.

"She smiled!"

*Billie Joe's POV*
Adie and I sat in the living room, Adeline and Joey sitting on the floor.

"So," Adie said. "Have you got the newspaper?"

"Yup, here's Adeline's copy," I handed Adie the front page of the newspaper and she stuck it in Adeline's baby book.

"Hmm, song that was number 1 the week I was born./." Adie grinned. "When I Come Around. Artist, Daddy, Uncle Mike and Uncle Tre!"

We continued filling in the baby books, stopping to watch Adeline and Joey every few minutes.

I heard a funny noise and looked up at Adeline and Joey. Adeline was blowing bubbles with her spit, Joey looked intrigued.

He turned, saw me and pointed to her. He made a funny noise, and stabbed his finger towards her.

"Yes! That's your sister! Addy!" I smiled and went over to them. Adie looked at us, smiling. I passed Joey a soft toy, Ernie from Sesame Street. "Look, it's your buddy Ernie!" He smiled and grabbed him. A few seconds later, he dropped him and made the funny sound again. It was sounding more and more like "oops!"

"Yeah buddy, oops!" I handed him Ernie again and put Adeline on my lap, wiping her mouth with a tissue. "You've given him a headache now." I pointed to my head. "Ow!" A cushion came flying at my head. Well, a cushion hit my head. "Ow! What was that for?" Adie came over and kissed Joey.

"See Joey, ow!" She smiled, tickling him as he chuckled.